BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Received mine this morning all working well except when i try and use DVI the screen just goes mental it shakes and goes back to front and everythings orange. But when i set the resolution down it's fine, im guessing it's coz i have an old card (9800PRO) and it cant handle higher resoulitions over DVI right?

Everything works fine over VGA though.

Anyone?
Hmm could be faulty, try on another gfx card/computer and if same its probably faulty :(

Associate
Just received my monitor but I've been having some issues with DVI.

When connect it using the DVI the text looks blurry. I am running it at the
native resolution according the the graphics driver and monitor OSD so I cannot figure out whats going on. I've got a Geforce 8800GT and latest Vista 32bit drivers.

so now I am currently running it using VGA and the quality is pritty good although I would like to be able to run it in DVI.

Soldato
Np, enjoy the 360 on it, hopefully I will do next week when my RMA completes. :o

Dissapointed to hear you got a dodgy one, hopefully the replacement will be better, the Xbox 360 looks amazing on it, especially if your used to playing it on a normal TV. The amount of my friends who don't understand that the Xbox 360 is designed to do HD is incredible, they don't know whet their missing out on.

Time for another info update for newcomers:

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered one, hopefully come Monday :)

Is there any posts here with recommended settings? Read a few people say that the defaults aren't great.

Associate
Well after having this monitor for a few days now I can say i'm still happy with it. Although it has developed a stuck green pixel but it's out the way so there's very little chance I'd see it in normal use unless I'm lookin for it and it only shows up on black anyway. Also I have a really dusty prone room and the bezel and stand tends to be quite thick with dust, I guess due to the shiny surface of the bezel and the large surface area of the stand. Still I can live with these problems as there only very minor.

Soldato
Thanks sunama for the info on HDCP and how to bypass it if this monitor is not HDCP ready. :)

Sorry to hear a lot of people have problems with pixels and lines i'm still unsure if to buy or not.

Soldato
good job RobH

Capt Doufos, that definately is an lcd problem. i did the same thing to my n95 when i dropped it.

n95_screen.jpg

Soldato
Dissapointed to hear you got a dodgy one, hopefully the replacement will be better, the Xbox 360 looks amazing on it, especially if your used to playing it on a normal TV. The amount of my friends who don't understand that the Xbox 360 is designed to do HD is incredible, they don't know whet their missing out on.

:) I used to play on my current 19" Viewsonic @ 720p until I moved house, I nearly cried when I went back the quality of a normal TV. :(

Oh, and I just checked mine again before it goes off, turns out the top bezel is somewhat dodgy too, sticking out of the case etc etc. :eek::(

lbt

lbt

Associate
Seriously , if you want to fix £250 worth of kit to the wall using 4 self-tapping screws feel free (I'm not quite sure if I should put a rolleyes in here or not :D).

I want to buy this monitor as it seems to be a ****** good display but having to dismantle the unit and use self-tappers does seem a bit of a limitation.

Oh, no doubt the 'dismantle to remove the stand' is a design flaw :o :(

The VESA holes OTOH are (in my opinion) perfectly OK for the job. I'm just using the 4 VESA screws that came with my mounting bracket. They are 'self tapping' in the sense that there may not be a pre-tapped thread in the plastic (it's hard to tell - it doesn't look like it). FWIW, when I was just offering the screen up to the wall, I attached the VESA bracket with just 2 diagonal screws and it was perfectly capable of holding the weight.

Think about it - a solid wooden door weighing a *lot* more than a screen and opened, closed and even slammed is held onto the doorframe by 6 selftapping screws (and I've seen them held on with 4 and even 2). People underestimate the load they're capable of holding. If I tried to pull one of the panel screws out using pliers I'd completely wreck the display before it even budged.

Yes the stand and physical construction are the weakest point on the product. In my opinion that's a good commercial decision. No-one would be interested if the panel itself was flawed. As it is it may worry you (and me!) but in actual fact it's only an irritation, not a limitation.

I'm only answering the points you raise. I really couldn't care less if you bought the screen <grin>. OTOH, (some!) people on these forums provided sensible answers and advice for my questions based on their knowledge and experience - so I'm just doing the same. Hope that helps...

Associate
Update to my earlier post I now have two issues with this monitor.

1. When connect it using the DVI the text looks blurry. I am running it at the native resolution according the the graphics driver and monitor OSD so I cannot figure out whats going on. I've got a Geforce 8800 GTX and latest Vista 32bit drivers.

2. I switched over to VGA and with some tweaks on the OSD it now looks pin sharp but now I have another problem. Every time I turn my pc or reboot the screen starts up out of phase, I can see weird lines across my screen and everything is oversaturated and the gamma is gone crazy bright. To fix this I have to switch the monitor on and off again manually after it boots into windows, very annoying.

When the monitor is working its stunning the picture is one of the best I've seen, but these problems are doing my head in.

Has anyone had any similar problems or know how I can fix these issues? I''ve filled in a RMA couple of days ago since we was promised we can return it if we wern't happy, but i've not had a reply yet...

Soldato
@ gibbo

Are the monitors that have been returned being sent out again instead of going back to Digimate as acouple of people have had scratches on the case / bezel straight out of the box ?

thanks

Associate
I might have a grey scale problem with mine there are vertical lines every 5mm or so running the whole length of the screen (left to right), However do not see them with Black to green, Black to Red or Black to blue scales apart from the grey areas of that scale).

What can I do? RMA? Not a fault?

Associate
250mm seems to be very wide?! Is that from the rear to the front off the oval stand?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is the measurement of the base from the front to the back, the
monitor itself is 105mm at its widest point.

Back
Top Bottom