BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
I can see that the right side is ever so slightly dithered compared to the centre.

Am I imagining it perhaps.

Actually for example on this OCUK page I cant see any dithering whatsoever, but if I look at a blank white (or very light page) its ever so noticeable.

Think you mean ever so slightly noticable :D

Soldato
You can use a DVI to HDMI cable and connect a bluray/hddvd player to it with no problem. Though, if you buy an internal hddvd/bluray drive, the image quality should be just as good, if not better as you can tweak it using ffdshow.

The signal will just be as good, as if it where HDMI - HDMI? Using DVI(from monitor) - HDMI?

Soldato
Here are some more pics for those that asked, including COD4 @ 1280x800

My photo taking skills really suck and the screen looks blurry on some of the desktop pics, really dont do it any justice

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

And stealth tape mod
DSCF0520.jpg

Soldato
Am using a 320MB at the moment. Runs CSS at 1920, and runs HL2 EP2 at the same res, all without any slow down. I am almost 100 percent sure that it is running 2x AA and max AF, with everything else at all.

Wow should be ok and easy at that res too.

Will buy a new GPU later, still not sure out of a GT or a 9xxx serues when they come out... will see how I feel on that I think :)

Either way, the screen scales well if you give it 1680x1050 to run off anyway :)

Man of Honour
Here are some more pics for those that asked, including COD4 @ 1280x800

My photo taking skills really suck and the screen looks blurry on some of the desktop pics, really dont do it any justice

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

And stealth tape mod
DSCF0520.jpg

Thanks for those pics! I think the DGM logo looks a bit naff but this is easily solved with a few nvidia/intel stickers off eBay - I'm so undecided on whether I should buy one or not!!!

Soldato
Just noticed on the left side of the panel (where the screen and the plastic meet. There is a dent in the bezel (plastic frame) approximately half way (i.e. in the middle).

Anyone else has this?

I also noticed in a lot of peoples pictures of their panels showing the OCUk forum, the background colour is much "bluer" than mine.
You guys using default settings or have you calibrated it or something?

Soldato
Updated

I'd just like to link a few posts from this thread here because anyone new to this thread probably doesn't want to dig around finding them. They mostly include reviews, pics and videos, sorry if I missed any out.

My Review

Front & Rear Pics

My Reflection Test Pic

On Screen Display Walkthrough Video

Video of using it with a PC & Xbox 360

Stand installation video from lbt

Gamesfreak's Unboxing & Desk Pics

Couple of Videos from Dappy

Raikiri's Review

Combat squirrel's Pics

More Pics from Gamesfreak

james.miller's Big Pics

james.miller's Side View Pics

james.miller's Test Pics

Andelusion's Display Setup

lbt's Stand Removal Procedure

Azza's Pics

Lots of Pics from mr x plosion

Big pics from Raikiri

Not yet, the model doesn't exist in the list on the registration form. I sent a question to DGM but haven't got a response yet, I'll let you know if I do.

Associate
Just noticed on the left side of the panel (where the screen and the plastic meet. There is a dent in the bezel (plastic frame) approximately half way (i.e. in the middle).

Anyone else has this?

I also noticed in a lot of peoples pictures of their panels showing the OCUk forum, the background colour is much "bluer" than mine.
You guys using default settings or have you calibrated it or something?

Yep, got the dimple on the LHS, think it's an injection point or something.

What have you got your brightness/contrast at as it may look it bit washed out with higher settings.

Back
Top Bottom