Samsung NC10

Soldato
Well I craved in. Decided to get an Black NC10 over the EPC901 from a competitor for £300. Hopefully I should have it in a day or two so I'll post my experiences. It'll be replacing my XPS1530, which I'll be passing on to my cousins.

Associate
PS Was also thinking about to Ramdiane's post about a perfect guide and wondering what type of info would it contain?

Can anyone help regarding the above?

Please pweeeety please!!!

:p

What goes into this guide? I'm happy to add info but I'm conscious everyone will have their own version of 'perfect'.

Some partition info:

6,149.90MB Hidden Recovery Partition
71,719.90MB C:
74,751.00MB D:

Last edited:
Associate
I was drawn to the blue originally but the release was delayed until December so went for the black, plus I thought blue might have been matte like the white, but I noticed pics were glossy. Thankfully I got it while it was £300 so who knows, maybe it will be cheaper or dearer depending on the budget this/next week.

Soldato
This is a little depressing, it looks like theyre actually testing my 1 day old NC10 instead of just sending out a new one straight away...as if i have nothing better to do than spend money sending back an NC10 that doesnt have a problem..in order to ask for another NC10.

Soldato
Finally got my black NC10 today... stupid DHL being lazy and lying gits :mad:

Anyway, I'm really pleased with it so far! I knew it was going to be small, but I still got a surprise when I first saw it. Its very neat and tidy and the keyboard is just big enough for my writing purposes.

It was a breeze to setup and it wasn't long before I was on the net via my wireless router. The looks are amazing, its silent and the keys have a good response and feedback.

The only let-downs for me is the small tracking pad and awkward side scroll thing. Its a pain in the backside to use, and unfortunately because the resolution is so low, you just need to use it while browsing. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a wheel or something that gave you a bit of feedback, but its so hard to judge and most of the time you end up scrolling too far or not moving your finger far enough for it to pick up the friction, thus making browsing a bit tedious.

I'd give the NC10 a 8/10 so far :) It would be higher if the tracking pad and side bar were easier to use. However considering its price and 'netbook' status, the little things amazing!

Another fantastic Samsung product.

Associate
ok heres a little one i got from our friends at nc10 blog, basicly turn off all scrolling and install this
http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/

saved me so much messing around and now i got full use of the track pad, along with this go to settings and turn on momentum and the pointer glides across the screen.

Good post, very useful. Also to the other guy who posted about pressure being wrong on the trackpad, its customiseable, so just change it to suit you.

Soldato
Ok lets have some HD comparisons and feedback on heat /noise

Run this http://www.hdtune.com/hdtune_255.exe with power saving set to performance

Toshiba MK16526S 8MEG

MIN 31.2 MB/S MAX 61.9 MB/S AVERAGE 49.8 MB/S
17.9 MS ACCESS
69.1 BURST
5.8% CPU

Drive is fantastic Ultra quiet smooth and cool running

HD Tune: Hitachi HTS543216L9A Benchmark
Transfer Rate Minimum : 5.5 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 60.9 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 46.1 MB/sec
Access Time : 18.4 ms
Burst Rate : 69.9 MB/sec