• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4870 1gb + cod4 = lag.

Man of Honour
yup its a dual :)

Rroff

i'd customized my config, im getting 250fps but spikes a lot even thou it drop below 90fps

Theres a bug in COD4 where on certain configurations the game will lag spike and framerate massively nose dive - usually happen when your in a heavy firefight or sprinting through areas with lots of foliage.

Easiest way to test for it is to start a local server on overgrown, go to the spawn point the opposite end of the street from the petrol station, look down to the petrol station and note your framerate, then start sprinting. If it drops very low and starts spiking then you have this bug.

Unfortunatly theres no way to fix it that any one has found - seems to be related to shared IRQs somehow. Only thing you can do is change your hardware setup and hope it works, usually means switching around most of the machine.

In my case I was getting it badly with a 7950GX2, putting that GPU in another machine and it worked fine, putting an 8800GT into mine solved it... but it wasn't the GPU that was the problem as such just the combination of hardware/software settings.

Caporegime
well stick on aa and all other stuff on leave config as is. just put all graphics up highest.

then see if you get the lag you on about.

i have tried this from lowest res 800x600 up to 1650x1050

with low settings and highest settings on a 3800x2 at 2000mhz

and a 5200x2 at 3000mhz

now the bottle neck went after 1650 res on my machine with a 4850 with the stock 2000mhz (higher res i went the better fps)

with a faster cpu you should be fine at the lower res and still keep the fps.

tbh if you had a bigger montior you would be better off and you would be fine and how you only getting that fps is beyound me as my 4850 will give me that at my res of 1650x1050. thats with most things on.

Back
Top Bottom