.mkv header compression or not?

Soldato
Hello,

Is there a programme to easily check if .mkv files have header compression enabled or not? i.e point to a folder and indicate which a WDTV drive can play without remixing?

Cheers

Soldato
CHECKING IF A MKV FILE HAS HEADER REMOVAL ENABLED
To check if a mkv file has header removal enabled, you can use mkvInfo which come with mkvMerge
If you have the following values, the file will have problem playing in WDTV

remux4.jpg

As waiting for a new firmware release for your player might take ages, and the release groups might still implement this header compression anyway, what you can do is to remux the mkv file using MKVMerge.

Here's what you should do:

* download MKVToolnix from http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....2.0-setup.exe
* Install MKVToolnix then go to where you install MKVToolnix (usually C:\Program Files\MKVtoolnix)
* Double click on mmg.exe to run MKVMerge GUI
* Find the MKV file you want to remux. Load it into MKVMerge GUI

Once loaded, click on the Video layer, click on the Extra Options tab and change the Compression to "NONE"

* Click on the Audio Layer, click on the Extra Options tab and change the Compression to "NONE"

Set Output Filename accordingly
* Click Start Muxing
* Wait until the remuxing process is done. Usually takes about 3-4 minutes.

Taken from another forum... Might work ;) To actually show if it has it.
EDIT: Yes it works, just don't have to go into the file directory and it will be in start>all programs etc

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response ideally I’m looking for something that can ‘view’ a folder and let me know which (if any) require re-muxing, I know I can individually look at files, but I’m looking for a programme that can indicate specific files in a folder (if this exists). Something like G-spot for example

Back
Top Bottom