Hazro 27WC/WA monitors. OEM/VARs or actually made by Hazro?

Associate
So what’s the actual storey with these Hazro HZ27WA monitors, who actually designed and made the product?

We know the IPS panels are made by LG Display, we are probably getting A- quality panels where Dell / Apple are probably getting A+ hence the rather high faulty pixel policy.

But who really designs the casing / electronics etc, with Hazro being a very small company I would bet this is just a rebranding operation. Where are they built? China / Taiwan?
I don’t mean its designed by Hazro and then built by whoever (like apple with foxcon), but more like designed and built by whoever and just re-branded by hazro?

I know someone posted in here its made in the UK, but I would say its very unlikely. Well even if it was it would be more like assembled in UK.

Last edited:
Associate
I know someone posted in here its made in the UK, but I would say its very unlikely. Well even if it was it would be more like assembled in UK.

Nowadays, these 2 options use to be the same. It is unlikely that many enterprises that a selling final products will do much more then designing and assembling. And most won't assemble themselves. So, what is the point?

Cheers - Klaus

Associate
who actually designed and made the product?
We are probably getting A- quality panels where Dell / Apple are probably getting A+ hence the rather high faulty pixel policy.
But who really designs the casing / electronics etc, with Hazro being a very small company I would bet this is just a rebranding operation. Where are they built? China / Taiwan?
Firstly, The HZ27WB and HZ30Wi/Q are manufactured and assembled by us in the UK - there are no exceptions to this due to the customer base we have for these models.

Brands work with EMS companies who manufacture & assemble their goods [leaving the company with the task of sales and support]. Major EMS suppliers like Foxconn/Jabil/TPV no longer have the monopoly on LCD production - especially with the rise of assembly in the Czech Republic [mainly to avoid the 14% customs duty imposed on LCD displays]. The introduction of low cost scalers from Realtek/M-STAR/ST has made it easier to outsource controller production to cheap PCB makers in the Far East. Power supplies are usually off-the-shelf products from Delta/FSP/LiteOn etc. The HZ27WA, being a mass-market product, is no different as was launched earlier in the Far East before being introduced in the UK [under different brand]. These LED models are produced in the same factories as major LCD vendors [we don't own our clean rooms: we hire them on a daily rate]. Brand Licensing is a major part of our biz and a lot of these cheaper retail 'value' monitors are built by our EMS suppliers [look carefully at the labels].

It is completely false that we take 'A-' grade panels [such a grade doesn't exist with LG panels]. All consumer grade LCDs [be it for the laptop, mobile phone, TV or monitor market] are A~A1 grade. A batch of panels typically consists of <20% perfect A grade panels - if vendors were to stipulate that they should have ONLY A grade, prices of LCDs would be much higher [A grade panels are used mainly in medical displays]. Yes, we have a relaxed pixel policy but 'actual' defects are no different than those reported by owners of other brand LCD displays. The reason for the relaxed policy is to avoid mass RMAs/support requests which we simply wouldn't be able to handle. No brand can offer 'zero-pixel' defects [LG themselves wouldn't cover it in their IIS]. These 'guarantees' are offered because the vendors know that only a very tiny percentage of owners will actually go defect hunting upon receipt of their product and the rest will be happy with the purchase [Our experience tells us that customers from select countries in the EMEA region and those in North America tend to scrutinise panels the most whereas a few pixels out isn't considered so much of a problem in other territories]. Returned products are often sold at cost or at a profit - so the vendor never loses out. Our HZ30Wi/Q owners were surprised at the quality of panels they got and our return rate on these LED models is well below the industry average.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if you thought I was being negative, I wasn’t. I was being more inquisitive rather than accusing the company of any wrong doing.

Re the panel quality and the rest it was only an educated guess, I love my display.

I did have a look at the label to see if I could find the EMS/ECM maker but didn’t have any luck.

Thing started out as curiosity regarding the PCB / electronic makers of the scaler.. with me being a bit of a geek with electronics..

Anyway.. well done with the monitors..

Back
Top Bottom