Asus Sabertooth P67 sli Question

Associate
Hi Everyone,

Im going for a new build looking at the Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev3 Mobo and 2 580 gtx's in sli mode but when i look at this mobo in pictures I wonder if I could fit a soundcard like the Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium PCI-E in as the space between the slots looks small, the gpus are the Gainward phantom editions so not the fattest but still. has anyone else tried this?

This is my 1st post on here and I hope to be on here many times in the future and learn a lot, any replies would be most appreciated

Thanks

Associate
OP
surely a full size soundcard wont fit above the gpus .. and after looking at a couple of vids I can't see getting a sound card in after putting 2 hefty 580gtx's in :( I think Ill get a different board thanks for taking the time to reply tho

Associate
OP
There is lots of room between the cards :) it will fit in slot 4 with no problems at all :)

ok thanks to both of you :) the creative audigy 2 in my pc now only goes in the very bottom pci slot, I guess newer cards have smaller a connection.. excuse me I'm a bit of a noob lol thanks again for takin time to reply

Im thinking of getting the Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 instead now tho .. not sure :)

Caporegime
The Gainward Phantom is a 2½ slot wide card so on the two motherboards you're considering they'd fit like this:

Both boards will leave you with just the top x1 PCI-E slot free.

With the Sabertooth the bottom card overhangs the motherboard and blocks the connections along the bottom edge.

Associate
OP
Both boards will leave you with just the top x1 PCI-E slot free..

wow what a reply thank you very much mate, so ok I have the top slot free and I wanted a creative soundcard either the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD :) Ill get the P8P67 PRO :) all this for bf3 lol thanks again for your time!

Associate
OP
You're welcome.

Have you considered this board:

That board looks great .. tbh I have only been looking at asus boards as thats what I have now .. I have the P5K Premium wi-fi and its ace :) I overclocked my 2.6ghz core 2 duo E6750 to 3.4Ghz pretty easy with it so thought Id stick with them.. but I also want a board thats gonna look good .. and thats why I was looking at the sabretooth as the blue on the pro was a little 'loud'
:) the Asrock looks good thanks for pointing it out.. as for Z68 features Im not really sure what that means but a quick scan on the net tells me I may be interested as I want to put a sandybridge i5 2500k in it and overclock it a few notches:)

Associate
OP
ASRock are owned by Asus.

It's a bit like VW and Skoda.

You get VW quality at Skoda prices.

ooh in that case I quite like the look of the Asrock Fatal1ty Intel P67
I looked at your link for z68 and I don't think Ill get one this time I'm only interested in overclocking the CPU and gaming really I want to keep things simple as I'm a noob lol
I believe that board will also leave 1 slot at the top free for a sound card, I wont be buying anything for a month or two need to save up so Ill keep browsing and checking the forums :)

I may also go with one GPU to start with and add a second later, anyway thanks for your time :)

Back
Top Bottom