ASRock Z77-Extreme6

Soldato
you're right.....wrong info

- 3 x USB 2.0 headers (support 6 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 header (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports)

Associate
im not sure (will post either tomorrow or later in the week when I have had a play) whether overclocking my cpu will increase the gains more (dunno if my stock 2500k would bottleneck the GTX560 with hyperformance). also, don't the newer IB chips have a better GPU, so the gap cold be a lot higher.

i think ivy gpu is better, shame that AMD dont have this. i know you can hybrid crossfire a low end passive with llano / trinity but using this hydra with trinity and a 7850+ would be interesting

Soldato
OP
i think ivy gpu is better, shame that AMD dont have this. i know you can hybrid crossfire a low end passive with llano / trinity but using this hydra with trinity and a 7850+ would be interesting

I haven't used AMDs tech so don't know what sort of gains are to be had. hopefully over the next few days I will do some more testing on this board and see if anything else gets any gains.

what would be good software to get some similar testing to heaven?

Soldato
OP
ok, this is mine. everything at stock for now.

1680x1050 (hyperformance off)
1680x1050Hyperformanceoff.jpg

1680x1050 (hyperformance on)
1680x1050Hyperformanceon.jpg

1920x1080 (hyperformance off)
1920x1080Hyperformanceoff.jpg

1920x1080 (hyperformance on)
1920x1080Hyperformanceon.jpg

gpuz.png

scores lower with hyperformance on, but max FPS is higher :)

Soldato
OP
with a quick play, I cant get 4.8GHz stable but can get 4.6GHz stable (10 IBT runs) with a lower vcore than on the Z68. I know its not a true test of stability, but will tinker more when I have time.

Soldato
OP
well its been running happily @ 4.6GHz with -0.005v offset Load Line Calibration Level 3 (0.9**v idle 1.33-1.34v under load). which is a fair bit better than my Z68 that I could only get running with +0.025 and level 5 (around 1.38-1.4v under load). unfortunately I haven't managed to boot into windows @ 4.8GHz yet, but I think for that I need to change more than just multi and vcore so when I have more time next week will have a play. I wasn't able to on my Z68 so might be a 4.6GHz chip.

unfortunately in my haste backing up, I forgot to do my steam folder, so they are downloading now. will post my findings tomorrow evening.

Soldato
OP
so overall was the upgrade worth or not?

for me, I have got a better (lower vcore) overclock and the board was free.
the lucid virtu mvp has made some difference with encoding, not had chance to test with games, that's my job for tomorrow evening.

overall, I would say IF you have a Z68 then its probably not worth shelling out the £100+ on a board for the sake of it. if you are looking to do a new build, hang fire until gigabyte and other companies release theirs.

Soldato
erm free? you won it? send me z68 e4g3 :p

i've already got z68 e4g3 but haven't started building new system, not much time will do soon......just in theory i could sell it and buy z77.

Soldato
OP
erm free? you won it? send me z68 e4g3 :p

i've already got z68 e4g3 but haven't started building new system, not much time will do soon......just in theory i could sell it and buy z77.

haha long story. basically my GTX460 failed, I sent it away, the shipped me a GTX560 as there were no GTX460s in stock, it wasn't logged on their system properly, so as far as they were concerned I never got a replacement card, so I was offered another card or credit, I took the credit.

Soldato
haha long story. basically my GTX460 failed, I sent it away, the shipped me a GTX560 as there were no GTX460s in stock, it wasn't logged on their system properly, so as far as they were concerned I never got a replacement card, so I was offered another card or credit, I took the credit.

Why did you not just tell them the truth and that you had already received a replacement card..?

Soldato
OP
Why did you not just tell them the truth and that you had already received a replacement card..?

if you read through my previous posts/threads about this I did tell them, and the nice lady on the phone said as it wasn't on the system then they wouldn't take it into account. I did not con them out of anything, I was honest all the way through the process.

that sounds like something you need to do in one purchase and buy 2 identical cards, not something as an after thought.
I have recently got my GTX460 swapped out for a GTX560 (the supplier had no GTX460s in stock :) ) but I got a call from them saying that they cannot replicate my fault, so are considering if they deem it acceptable to give my money back or return my GTX460. I explained that they had already sent me my GTX560 and I have it in my pc now so do I have to return it, to which she replied 'No, that is yours'. it puzzled me, but I wasn't prepared to argue.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18380851

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom