• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 79xx Prices

Soldato
It does not seem possible that the 680 sold more units than the 7900's throughout the world.

IIRC OcUK where beaten on 7970 pricing by a lot of other e-tailors which limited their sales number and then with the 680 launch OcUK had the most stock and only existing stock globally at some points. So it could be perceived that way if you take OcUK as the only sample of the market.

Even though I did ask in threads about 680's initial launch stock, nothing was confirmed while 7900's we had figures and pyramids.

I can't comment on what happened worldwide, it is entirely possible the 680 sold siginificantly more than 7970, also possible the 7970 sold more :)

I don't think OCUK were that uncompetitive on launch day as I recall, they were one of the few that had stock, and those that had stock at lower prices quickly went out of stock. Put it this way they were as competitive on 680 as they were on 7970 as I recall.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Just wait guys, our prices are currently the best. But DO NOT buy, wait a couple of days and we should be back to the prices the OP posted or there abouts. :)

Soldato
Hi there

Just wait guys, our prices are currently the best. But DO NOT buy, wait a couple of days and we should be back to the prices the OP posted or there abouts. :)

Will it only be the few that were listed at that price, or will the reduction be wider in terms of brands/cards?

Soldato
yes £360 for 7970 and £299 for 7950 for the plain/cheapest models or there abouts.

Is the price cut direct from AMD or is this a short term sales deal on behalf OCUK and AMD's board partners? I want to buy a 7950 but not for a few more weeks but then again I don't want to find out at the start of May prices are rocketed back up again. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom