Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3", 1200x800 SuperAMOLED, S-PEN stylus, 2500mAh attery... *phew*

Soldato
After a few days use I also agree that battery life is worse on ICS, it's not a major problem for me but I hope it gets fixed soon since that was one of the best things about the Note. Also does anyone find that they need to press the home button twice sometimes to get back to the home screen?

Associate
Watching match as I type, on the Note, thanks to Tvcatchup :cool::cool::D really good pic, not good enough to keep me from the tv.

Reminds me of the Man Utd/Man ****y matches, I was doing the ****y game on my note and united on the 11ft.

notefootball.jpg

notefootball2.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thats nuts... I do use my note as a remote for controlling the media PC hooked upto my projector tho :D very good for that.

Associate
Oh No! here's a strong hint as to why we're waiting sooo long for UK Note ICS, Olympic Bloatware carp, no doubt made by a bureaucratic committee in blazers, looks like it's the 22nd of May.

http://www.androiduknewsetc.com/2012/05/samsung-and-beckham-teasing-something-for-the-22nd-of-may/

It won't be a 'Note 2' as the article linked suggests, the note has not been around long enough and the note is currently being pushed out with the Olympic theme and attached pack.

My Note came like this: With the Olympic pack, a union flag back. The one good thing about this back/battery cover (apart from being a beautiful British flag) is the fact is protects the camera lens glass (see photo for indent) The stock ‘Samsung’ battery cover it more flat (and for its own good reason, yes) Not that I use it this flag one, I only put it on for the photos, it also came with the stock ‘Samsung’ back.

A few photos.

galaxynote1.png

galaxynote2.png

galaxynote3.png

galaxynote4.png

Soldato
That looks freakin' awesome (^Bigsy). Per App DPI is a brilliant addition.

My only reservation is it looks like the S-Pen isn't working too well. Might wait a week or so for the early bugs to be ironed out.

Soldato
Cant see photos? EDIT: Can now, I do like the look of that back :D

I'm new to all this, :rolleyes: I do like the look of this but what is a ROM and whats required to install it? Is it difficult?

Firstly a ROM is basically a user-community created firmware. Typically it will have a lot more features than stock firmware e.g. lots of tweaks to make it faster, better management of memory, ability to theme, more options to tweak and control your phone. This usually comes at the expense of bugs and lack of stability, although a mature ROM is usually very stable.

Changing ROMs is pretty advanced with scope for bricking your phone if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest doing a loooooooot of reading before venturing into this world. That said, it's pretty awesome once you get the hang of it :D

I'm not going to give a detailed explanation of what to do but you can do your own research of the back of this:
- You first need to root your phone
- You need to install a recovery (typically from flashing a rooted Chainfire Kernel)
- From recovery you can then flash custom ROMs according the instructions given by the creator of the ROM.

Start reading here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1346
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note/GT-N7000

Soldato
I'm new to all this, :rolleyes: I do like the look of this but what is a ROM and whats required to install it? Is it difficult?

I'm new too, read up on the topic on xda

http://www.xda-developers.com/

also watch and re watch YT vids on the subject, make sure all your research is of the most up to date stuff and check around reviews and forums of methods and types.

This guys vids helped me most, cos I'm thick and need every step of the way explaining in common tongue with pics and pointers :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...annotation_id=annotation_643807&v=ehXcnqntsro.

Most threads here, on specific phones, at times people will chat about what they're doing and using.

Don't jump in learn about what you're up to, enjoy though it's not that hard and serious risks are minimal if you take care and prepare ;)

Soldato
@Sickboy: how did you get that version of the note?

is the battery cover available seperately?

in other news, ive managed to escape the LPY/LPF roms without incident and am currently in awe of Paranoid Android ROM - it is INCREDIBLE!

Soldato
My only reservation is it looks like the S-Pen isn't working too well. Might wait a week or so for the early bugs to be ironed out.

S pen app issues.

the S-pen will never be perfect as this rom is built on cm9 which doesnt have the samsung touchwiz framework that controls the s-pen

theyve made it semi-functional, but your not going to get samsung specific features like touchwiz ui, s-pen apps, premium suite and swype keyboard without a samsung based rom

Man of Honour
the S-pen will never be perfect as this rom is built on cm9 which doesnt have the samsung touchwiz framework that controls the s-pen

theyve made it semi-functional, but your not going to get samsung specific features like touchwiz ui, s-pen apps, premium suite and swype keyboard without a samsung based rom

Swype is not a Samsung only keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom