Asus VN247H - Any Good?

Associate
Hi there.

Looking to get a new monitor in the new year, and the plan is to add a second later in the year. I think I'd benefit from having two monitors for both video and audio editing, as I can have all the tracks on one screen and the preview on the other, or the EQ's and plugins in Pro Tools for example. Plus, when I play games I much prefer single monitor gaming to triple monitor, so it'd be nice to have a chat window or browser open in the other screen.

I thought about getting two 27" monitors, but I've been doing some measurements and working with angles and what-not and there just isn't enough room. Maybe one day, but for now I think 24" is the best solution.

I've been drawn in by the really thin bezel this monitor has, and I've been wondering if it's actually any good? I can't seem to find a review anywhere, or even product information on the Asus website.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Asus VN247H 24"Widescreen Super Narrow Bezel LED Monitor - Black £161.99
Total : £161.99 (includes shipping : FREE).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Anthony.

Associate
Hey, just thought I would let you know, I recieved one of these a week ago, the LED backlight bleed is horrible when watching anything dark as there is a bright blue light from either side / top and bottom.

Ghosting is a big issue on this monitor also, it might of been a dud for me but even moving my mouse on the desktop there is a clear whisp near it which almost looks like two cursors, on anything dark I can see 2 cursors if I even move the cursor side to side.

I wont be getting a replacement, just a direct refund and putting more towards a 120hz instead.

Good luck though but I wouldnt be supprised if yours is the same.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hey, just thought I would let you know, I recieved one of these a week ago, the LED backlight bleed is horrible when watching anything dark as there is a bright blue light from either side / top and bottom.

Ghosting is a big issue on this monitor also, it might of been a dud for me but even moving my mouse on the desktop there is a clear whisp near it which almost looks like two cursors, on anything dark I can see 2 cursors if I even move the cursor side to side.

I wont be getting a replacement, just a direct refund and putting more towards a 120hz instead.

Good luck though but I wouldnt be supprised if yours is the same.

Hi there

Seems like you had a bad experience, I've had a play with three of these and was blown away by them, think they are awesome and they are 1ms so surprised at your ghosting issues.

Sales wise we've sold just shy of 400 units now and only had 8 returned which were all unwanted returns, zero faulty. So customers in general seem very happy with them.

As such sorry that you either got a dud or it did not meet your expectations but on the whole this is a stunning piece of kit.

Associate
I was also supprised, the reason I bought this monitor was due to the 1ms super response time & bezel size which is really amazing and to be fair it does look a stunning monitor, I may have been unlucky (which I am in general) on this monitor.

Ghosting is clear as day on it and I am not too picky, but moving the cursor around was just irritating to watch.

Watching movies on this monitor apart from the backlight bleed do look true colour and really nice, if it wasnt for the ghosting I would have kept the monitor, might give one more another go and hope that I get a good one.

Associate
got 2 of these i also cant see any ghosting or excessive back light bleed either i like it so much i am now saving up for a third one ;)

Back
Top Bottom