Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
like ive said before
Jacked my car down on a pd30 by accident in heavy rain for over a hour, wondered where it was, found it and was like man this will be so broke.
Its was barely scratched and still works fine now over a year kater

I remember you mentioning it before. They are really tough torches and I am confident that my TK12 could be driven over and survive :D.

Another thing I have noticed about Fenix torches is that the tint is always much nicer than every other torch I have used. The tint on my ThruNite TN31 looks purple in comparison to my TK12.

Transmission breaker
Don
Soldato
My Zebralight S6330 just turned up still can't get over how small it is for something that can put out between 2000 - 2400 lumens. It runs off 3 18560's but as each emitter is ran independently it can be ran off 1 18650 and can take 3 diff types of 18650 cells.

314ck11.jpg

2dvvm9k.jpg

242x6p4.jpg

p9hf6.jpg

312wa2r.jpg

2cqjz7p.jpg

Soldato
I like the TN30, it's so bright it makes the SC600 look like battery died. Although the beam pattern isn't as nice as the ZL.

Shame it's very big though, I kinda feel I should have got something with crazy long range like the TN31 as the ZL is flood enough.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a searchlight style torch that can be recharged from a 12v cigarette lighter port? Looking around the £50-£70 mark

Associate
Just wanted to give you all a review on the XTAR BK10s. These torches are just simply superb for the money. From the moment I received them (I got 2) you could tell they were a nice product, well packaged with spare lanyard, O ring and the bike handlebar mount.

For biking two of these beasts flood the way. I've been out with them on trails and in the snow now and they are superb. Very bright and a lot of peripheral lighting too which surprised me given they are pretty small. I had my old LED helmet lights on my head which used to think were pretty bright. They are simply redundant against two BK10s! They just seem to fade into the barrage of light the XTARs are putting out.

The only slight issue is the mounts, my hard-tail has handlebars with varying diameter between the grips and the stem, and the mounts didn't stay on well as it's an uneven grip. Need to research an alternative. My full suspension however has a single diameter tube for the handlebars and they were perfect. Didn't budge. Even on a pretty bumpy downhill there was no bobbing.

I've been walking with these a few times at night and as a standalone torch these are also excellent, don't let the bike light format put you off, these are very good standalone torches. They come with a lanyard and are small and comfortable to handle. Don't get hot and throw a LOT of light. For walking, 2 of them are slightly overkill in the whiteness of the snow here :)

Very pleased with them, well machined and I got 2.30 hrs on high beam with a single 18650 3100mah. There was juice for another hour to keep going too. Thumbs up!

Man of Honour
I have to hand it to SolarForce for the L2. okay, the finish may wear with scuffs and scrapes etc but the light itself has taken knocks and had nasty falls and been submerged and washed in the bath later when cleaning and still soldiers on.

SolarForceL2_stillgoing.jpg

I've still got the TN31 which I use for big explores but the L2 is definitely my go to light. The Thrunite T10 is also getting more use in candle power mode as it's very useful but lives in the car at all other times.

I knew it was a good idea to keep hold of the L2 and at £15~ I paid during the offer run from them directly, has proven to be excellent performance for the money :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom