This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Ok, another update. Sohail was arrested and taken for interview. Whilst there his house was searched fully. In interview he told the police that he went for a walk and bumped into some people who offered to sell him the phone (for £75). He just happened to have £75 cash on him so he brought it. He's admitted he knew it was probably stolen. So he has received an 'adult caution' for handling stolen goods but there's not enough evidence to go after him for the burglary. There wasn't any other stolen property found at his house.

So he's free.

In much much better news I had the following dropped off not long ago:

picture1pca.jpg

It was a bit dirty but otherwise fine. He'd put a lock code on it so I had to use Cerberus again to get on the phone! There wasn't anything on it other than the calls and texts I'd already seen, randomly he'd installed Prey on it too! I've just wiped the phone for piece of mind and cleaned it up with alcohol wipes! Replacement sim card should be with me early next week and I'll be back to normal.

I was chatting with the officer who dropped it off, it was his case. He apologized for the handling of the evidence I had given, apparently it hadn't been passed on properly from the call room and it was only after my repeated calls that it was elevated this afternoon. Regards Sohail it seems to be a case of what can you do. There's no direct evidence that he was at the seen of the crime and they can't disprove his story despite being pretty sure he was involved or as a minimum knows the people involved well.

So a lot of people guessed correctly regards the tap on the wrists! But yay for getting the phone back which is a lot better an outcome then most get from a burglary!

Police response in the end was very good, just some silly people in the call center. But the response from those going to his flat was awesome! So if any of you are reading this massive thank you for going the extra mile and getting in there!!!!

Big thank you to everyone in the thread! Really great to read all the comments (even the conspiracy theorists!), kept me going through the frustration and annoyances! Plus there were a good few tips without which I might not have had the successful outcome!!!!

Also I might not work for Cerberus, but I'm sure I'm going to be a life long customer!!! Top quality software. But in future I'm going to make sure to install it properly with root. I think I was very very lucky that he didn't bother to wipe the phone!

Thanks all!

Soldato
FFS he lied and said he bought it on the day but you have a photo of him the night before!!!! What the hell!!!!???

I'd be pushing for them to actually do something and I'd be ******* outraged to be honest. Would have been better sending some burly mates over.

Soldato
Well, time to go the press :)

I'd definitely be asking the police why his denial being in complete opposition to the evidence isn't being taken into account.

It stinks of the police just not being bothered at all (fair play to the guys who turned up at the scene, but fail beyond that).

Last edited:
Soldato
He'd put a lock code on it so I had to use Cerberus again to get on the phone! There wasn't anything on it other than the calls and texts I'd already seen, randomly he'd installed Prey on it too!

There's probably a thread on rudeboygangstas.com called "This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help" with your picture on right now :D

Soldato
OP
I don't think it's that they're not bothered. From chatting to the guy who dropped my phone he did seem genuinely annoyed at the situation. It's just they know how it'll play out in court so they can't justify the time and money doing it, so getting Sohail to accept the caution was something....

Soldato
Excellent work! :D

Now can someone please put back up the details of his youtube page etc so I can find out more about him.

I feel like I know him already :D

Edit: Actually don't worry, it didn't take me long!!

Soldato
Shame it's over, thank you for keeping us up dated throughout the last 2 days.

Glad you got the phone back. Without evidence Sohail walks, that's the law. I'm sure his card is marked though and will be scratching his head for days on how he was found out.

Special thanks to estebanrey for some fantastic photoshop images

Associate
OP if i were you i'd tighten up the security at your house. Not only does he know where you live, he also knows you've been mugging him off and got him arrested. From a scumbags point of view that would deserve some sort of revenge!

NZB

NZB

Associate
Kinda wish they'd given sohail the phone back instead of you. Now is when having that fly on the wall would be really handy :p

Soldato
This thread is insane, please do go ahead and contact me via trust as I want to send you some freebies from OcUK for entertaining us with such an A+ thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom