• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Associate
Hehe sorry got yours and cypher scores and benches confused for a second. I know you have higher gpu clocks than me, just had a blonde moment. :D

Does BLK overclocking improve the gpu score in this bench at all proto?

No worries, matey. :p:eek:

From what I could tell increasing the bclk a notch or upping the CPU multi both had an almost equal effect and improved scores slightly. Though the bclk reduced stability without a significant performance advantage so I went with the higher CPU clock in the end.

Associate
Man, first time I've ran this benchmark, all I was thinking the whole was through: I wish DayZ could look like this :)

I'm quite surprised with my GTX 460 2GB SLI score tbh, it was extreme HD preset:
FPS: 42.0
Score: 1756
Min FPS: 19.2
Max FPS: 75.7

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
CYPER, there are to many people in here who have tried to replicate your scores, some even with much higher clocks, and not one of them was able to pull it off.

Something is not right with your scores.

CCC have a whole host of tweaks that will over ride the application settings, such things do not show up in the results page, its very easy to tweak a few more points out of those applications just by adjusting any number of those CCC tweaks.

Given that none of the other 7970's, some with higher clocks and much faster CPU's can't touch you makes this a pretty open and shut case for me.

Your scores will not be added.

/:

I will get on and add the rest, but there is a lot to do and i'm actually at home right now, so i have limited time.

Please be patient, thank you :)

Soldato
Cyber - sorry you are being singled out here - I think its totally unfair - and thread has become a joke

to think some people on here are even worried about slight tweaks in CC etc (which I don't buy into anyway) - yet think a benchmark result is ok - if there have been artifacts throughout the run ! rightyo ...

also - people say they can't replicate this and that - all machines are slightly different otherwise we'd be running consoles

is OS the same ?same drivers ? etc etc etc - motherboard settings (PCI-E clock could be higher for instance if overclocked not just via multi, whats the main memory at etc etc)

just adding my 2ps worth

Soldato
Cyber - sorry you are being singled out here - I think its totally unfair - and thread has become a joke

to think some people on here are even worried about slight tweaks in CC etc (which I don't buy into anyway) - yet think a benchmark result is ok - if there have been artifacts throughout the run ! rightyo ...

also - people say they can't replicate this and that - all machines are slightly different otherwise we'd be running consoles

is OS the same ?same drivers ? etc etc etc - motherboard settings (PCI-E clock could be higher for instance if overclocked not just via multi, whats the main memory at etc etc)

just adding my 2ps worth

edited, not going to ruin the thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crossfire and Tri-fire seem a little b0rken with the latest beta driver, single card is good.

I got 2458 with single card using the Extreme HD preset.

1 x 7970 @ 1370/1850 with a 5GHZ 3930k.

Associate
Easier to run than 4.0.

2x6950 1gb @ 900/1350 - 1.175v
x6 960t @ 3.9

valley20130223141459694.png

Last edited:
Associate
Crossfire and Tri-fire seem a little b0rken with the latest beta driver, single card is good.

Was wondering when your newer beta 6 score was coming, great score btw now we need 8Packs new score

Soldato

Nice score mate :eek:, I'm going to have a look at my system see if there can be any improvements, I wonder if the 125 strap will help?

Trifire is broken by default, but I have a work around to get the GPU's to 90 to 99% gpu usage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice score mate :eek:, I'm going to have a look at my system see if there can be any improvements, I wonder if the 125 strap will help?

Trifire is broken by default, but I have a work around to get 100% GPU 90 to 99% gpu usage.

Try open the BCLK out a little on the 125 strap, should open up the PCI lanes a little more, might give you a few extra points :)

iirc 8 Pack suggested that AMD cards like around a 105 bclk, nvidia around 108.

Soldato
Try open the BCLK out a little on the 125 strap, should open up the PCI lanes a little more, might give you a few extra points :)

iirc 8 Pack suggested that AMD cards like around a 105 bclk, nvidia around 108.

yeah I'm thinking that, might let me crank up the gpu clocks, you never know.

But this motherboard is crap and I can't see it playing ball tbh.

Soldato
I didn't do too bad on the UD7 with a **** poor bios (F10), managed 102.9 on 1.25, got the 7970 I had at the time up around 1340-60/1950 with it.

I need to find a better bios for my xpower II before I bench, it only allows round number base clocks for some reason, so I can only have 102 or 103 rather then 102.5 for example :(

Soldato
Thanks guys.

The cards make is on my build log, they refused my DOA card RMA because i removed the heat-sink so I won't be doing business with them in future :)

Locky: do any of the recent Betas play well with Tri-fire ?

Soldato
I didn't do too bad on the UD7 with a **** poor bios (F10), managed 102.9 on 1.25, got the 7970 I had at the time up around 1340-60/1950 with it.

I need to find a better bios for my xpower II before I bench, it only allows round number base clocks for some reason, so I can only have 102 or 103 rather then 102.5 for example :(

This board craps out over 4.8ghz, the VRM can't do it, they get too hot even with a fan on them.

Back
Top Bottom