• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

Soldato
ua4i.jpg

1600p
2500k @ 4.6 Titan @ 1228/1801

55c5.jpg

1440p
2500k @ 4.6 Titan @ 1228/1801

Associate
You already have a good score for a GTX 780. Water cooling can help but don't expect huge gains with a stock card, you may be able to overclock by another 13mhz or so. What is nice about using water is running the cards in the 30s rather than the 70s.

Are you using PCI-E 3.0 this is also good for a few more points.

And on the scoreboard.

I got it in a pci-e 3.0 slot although it picks up at 2.0, and in boot up it says GEN2, even though i set it at gen3, i also read that there is some registry patch to enable 3.0 but that didn't do anything, its a asus x79? rampage formula motherboard (bf3 edition)

no idea why it wont do 3.0 any ideas?

Yea I might go with water cooling as i got a pump and everything just need a water block either that or a aftermarket fan cooler

Man of Honour
OP
I got it in a pci-e 3.0 slot although it picks up at 2.0, and in boot up it says GEN2, even though i set it at gen3, i also read that there is some registry patch to enable 3.0 but that didn't do anything, its a asus x79? rampage formula motherboard (bf3 edition)

no idea why it wont do 3.0 any ideas?

Yea I might go with water cooling as i got a pump and everything just need a water block either that or a aftermarket fan cooler

When you use the patch you need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2148/nvidia-geforce-kepler-pcie-3-0-mode-enabling-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-systems/

When you install drivers it removes the patch so you have to re install that as well.

Associate
When you use the patch you need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2148/nvidia-geforce-kepler-pcie-3-0-mode-enabling-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-systems/

When you install drivers it removes the patch so you have to re install that as well.

I installed that patch ran it as administrator and restarted it but it still shows as 2.0, I put the gfx card in correct slot, i checked with manual..does having windows 8.1 effect this ?
Otp31CQ.png

Man of Honour
OP
I installed that patch ran it as administrator and restarted it but it still shows as 2.0, I put the gfx card in correct slot, i checked with manual..does having windows 8.1 effect this ?
Otp31CQ.png

I don't know, I use win7

I know it is stating the obvious but have you got PCI-E 3.0 selected in the bios.

Failing that it may be a GTX 780/mobo thing.

Back
Top Bottom