<<<<< IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING R9 290X BF4 PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! >>>>>

Associate
I registered here like 2 weeks ago just to pre-order that 290X,but i'm totally amazed at the dedication you guys put into your work at OcUK.Giving us so many information and the level of quaility you guys have it is pure awesome.I'm glad i pre ordered and did HERE.Thank you very much from Hungary :D

Associate
My bf4 limited edition Haribo is on its way with a 290x thrown in. Thanks to the guys from OcUK you have been amazing today; the boss owes you a pint tonight.

OcUK Staff
OP
What's the best brand for overclocking that you've found so far Gibbo?

Hi there

It seems down to BIOS, flash the Asus BIOS and they all seem to clock to similar level on stock cooler - 1200-1250MHz core and 6400-6800MHz RAM.

**UPDATE**

Hynix and Elpida are both just as good as each other.

I took my Elpida card which could only do 5700MHz, flashed the Asus BIOS to it, pumped up the voltage and now the Elpida card is matching with 6600MHz. :)

So there you go, Elpida, Hynix, it don't matter. What matters is voltage control. ;)

Asus BIOS FTW. :D

By the way this is an R290 I've flashed with R290X BIOS, works a tread, but shaders not unlocked, but can now hit 1220 core and 6600 RAM on the regular R290 as well. At these speeds this also obliverates Titan. Incredible value!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Sorry to be a pain, but what time do deliveries get collected by DPD - and what would be the last time the MSI delivery can arrive to still go out tonight (presuming deliveries even happen at this time of day rather than in the mornings) - or are you on your usual 15:30-16:00 or so cut-off deadlines ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom