• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
I asked for the ASUS in the end. I'm not happy with the way all this has gone down though.

Fair enough the first 150 customers get priority choice. But I was quite annoyed the memory on the other cards were checked but weren't on the MSI as I requested. I was also annoyed how staff told me that MSI were in stock when Gibbo was telling me they hadn't arrived.
I requested MSI or ASUS in the end. This morning I'm told all cards are sold out despite having pre ordered. I'm then told that more ASUS should arrive today. So I have reluctantly gone for that despite the premium.
Hopefully I'll at least get the card tomorrow.

Overall I haven't been happy with the whole process and it has put me off from pre ordering in the future.

I was also confused as to why the MSI wasnt checked for RAM, regardless of what was found with Bios, if you go to the trouble of checking all the others you may as well check the MSI!

Luckily I didnt preorder though :)

OcUK Staff
I was also confused as to why the MSI wasnt checked for RAM, regardless of what was found with Bios, if you go to the trouble of checking all the others you may as well check the MSI!

Luckily I didnt preorder though :)

They arrived at 5pm, we had sold them all, we wanted to get them all shipped to customers.

Customers come first always, before any kind of testing.

That is why! :)

Associate
Also if you read any of the other threads Gibbo has already said the reason the ELPIDA chips were not hitting the same speed as the hynix chips was down to voltage control.

Flashing the Asus bios to any other card allowed all the elpida chip memory to overclock to the same speed as the Hynix thus proving the memory chip type didn't matter after all.

Panic over.

Caporegime
Its quite possible the ELPIDA Chips were at 1250mhz @ 1.5v stock as they are on the HIS 7950 Budget version. The ELPIDA chips on my HIS Ice-Q run at 1250mhz @1.6v and these have no trouble getting up to 1500mhz and beyond.

Associate
The wait is killing me I watched this morning on the tracker as the van went straight past my village and has done a huge loop round the country side I must be one I the last drops as I'm number 46 hopefully should get it at 3pm.

Soldato
Dewivewy :)

jims.jpg

Nice, in all seriousness. Nothing beats that opening brand new toy feeling lol. Benchys plz :)

Soldato
They arrived at 5pm, we had sold them all, we wanted to get them all shipped to customers.

Customers come first always, before any kind of testing.

That is why! :)

That's fair enough, I'd of just assumed one of you would have "shotgunned" one for personal use :p purely because MSI seem the most favourable with Warranty purposes etc.

Back
Top Bottom