** OcUK Tech Lab 'Prolimatech MK-26 Equipped' Custom R9 290X **

Associate
I will probably buy this, but couple of questions first:

1. Would this fit into Nexus Breeze case? Cannot really figure out dimensions from pics. How much it comes off from the 290x PCB edge, width-wise? Could you post a pic taken from top so I can measure XY-dimensions?

2. What would be the best 140mm coolers, if I want silent PC, but moderate OC? (Akasa Apache, Akasa Viper R, Noctua or Scythe Slip Stream 140mm, Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro 140mm ain't got PWM). I have Apaches now for CPU and intake and they are very silent!

Associate
I would love it if there was a good dual slot solution, then I could fit my network + sound cards in, and even keep room for crossfire if one is unable to hold 120fps on quake 3...

Associate
I would love it if there was a good dual slot solution, then I could fit my network + sound cards in, and even keep room for crossfire if one is unable to hold 120fps on quake 3...

Quake 3? or Quake Live? Because you'd be closer to 1200fps in Quake 3 with a 290x lol.

Associate
Is it possible to mount the big Alpenfohn VRM heatsink under the mk-26?And using Corsair SP120fans would be ideal with their great static pressure?

Associate
Hey :)

i also have an prolimatech on my r290x but the voltage transformers are really hot.
The Burn in Test on msi afterburner:

20% fan - 120° and increasing
50% fan - max 110°
100% fan - max 90°

any ideas to cooling the voltage transformers better ?
also with alpenföhn heatsinks its the same :(

Associate
first i was testing the same setup that overclockers did in this thread.
then i was testing on another heatsinks on vrm1 and vrm2, see picture:

20131101_153911euuub.jpg

vrm1 is ok but vrm2 is really hot, only on the final fantasy XIV benchmark in the short time about 90° and thats not a heat intensiv one
all other temps are great but vrm2 is a killer in temps :(

fans are enermax cluster
case are corsair corbide air 540
great airflow with 5 case coolers, also enermax cluster

Last edited:
Associate
i have many things testet:

pads
glue
the normal prolimatech
and also in an cooler master III case closed and opened

the VRM temps are on the prolimatech bad, the stock one is about 60° but very loud of course

Soldato
If you're using the glue, then the best thing you could do is use Scythe GT's or maybe SP120's.
That's the only way to get more air through the cooler and onto the heatsinks.

Associate
the GT´s airflow are 98 m³/h on 2800rpm
the cluster are 146 m³/h on 1400rpm

ithink the cluster are better, becouse they will throw more air on the prolimatech and the vrm´s

Soldato
GT's are 1850rpm and it's about static pressure, not cfm :)
Believe me, on heatsink or a radiator, GT's are pretty much the best you can get as they are fantastic at pushing air through restrictive areas.

Clusters are not even in the same league.

Associate
I think OcUK need to add fan options to the page for the card with some OcUK recommended and tested fans. There is too much choice with fans these days!

Maybe have three options or something
  • Silence
  • Performance
  • Value

Back
Top Bottom