• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
I can FINALLY after 7days of waiting join the club... late but I'm finally here!

Card: http://imgur.com/iGGYfcu

PC: http://imgur.com/15VgVun

I got everything today so it's not yet finished (Build), but card does looks amaizing

too bat I'm at work now can't test it yet :(

(Will fix cables ect when i get home)

Also i have NOT received any Haribos so I'm still sad </3

Very nice, I'm jealous I want to bench the 290X :(

Soldato
I had a win full so have a 290x sapphire coming tomoz. Got the block allready!

Woo

any coil whine from these? ? I cant stand it at all. So hopefully like my old 7970 it won't have any.

Last edited:
Associate
Man of Honour
OP
Can I join the club? Upgrading from an ageing 5870 to a 290X, taking advantage of the daily deal.

I suspect I might need to upgrade my 450W PSU though... :(

Mine arrives tomorrow but I won't get it until Friday as I'm away from home, it's like torture knowing it's waiting.

Don't forget to post a pic of your 290X with your name on it, so you can go on the roll of honour.:)

Soldato
Here's mine, well box. :p

290x.jpg

Caporegime

After suspicions that AMD sent out golden samples for media loading SweClockers test benches again with a PowerColor Radeon R9 290X directly from Amazon Marketplace at Sveavägen in Stockholm.

The procedure is the same for almost every new launch. SweClockers and other media, products directly from the manufacturers before mass production started, which certainly makes it possible to be an early adopter of the reviews, but also may bring some doubts about that product actually corresponds to what would later show up on store shelves.

With the results in hand, the picture is clear. The performance is basically identical between the press copy and graphics card from the shelf, at least in Uber mode. Any single frame per second is different, which is what may be considered normal as bonds or uncertainty in the measurements.

In the quiet mode, where the dynamic frequencies to work overtime, the situation becomes slightly turbid. A minor performance difference can be seen in some titles, and even if it is not about considerable variations, the trend is clear. In the end, it does an average variance tion of only a few percent, ie no extreme levels. The reason may include slightly less contact with the cooler, or simply easy changing ambient temperature.

go4life said:

TL : DR Some of those results you posted were probably using quiet mode which may suffer from light throttling.

Last edited:
Associate
The last team red card I got was my X800 XT all those years ago. Hopefully will enjoy my 290X + EK Block when it arrives tomorrow :)

Changed my order to a 290x with waterblock from a 780 Hydro Copper, hope I've made the right choice :)

Back
Top Bottom