A package from Lian Li

Associate
Mine is No 232. Why do you say there are very slim chances, Huddy? As they sold well, isn't it conceivable Lian Li might try to buy the rights off the creators....

Well Wahaha360 dealt with all the logistics of this batch, and it took a great investment of time on his behalf. As yet he's made no indication that he wants to repeat the process, he's also not said he won't, but unless similar numbers are interested for another batch, then I can't see him wanting to get involved. And as it stands a vast majority got in on the first batch from [H] forums, it's still really a tiny project with very little exposure.

As for Lian Li I have no doubt they will look at the M1 and see what ideas they can copy for cases in the future, nothing the guys can do to stop that but it won't be the M1 as we know it. As for Lian Li buying the rights to the case, well that would be the expensive route and for Necere to decide.

Soldato
Found the letter from Parcelforce for mine today whilst back at the folks. Scheduled a delivery for this Friday so I'll get to see it in the flesh by next week with any luck :D

The parts I'll be putting in it a little more modest though for now.

Caporegime
Some pictures for scale, next to my current 'small' Corsair 350d mATX case.

NcaseM1_01.jpg

NcaseM1_02.jpg

NcaseM1_03.jpg

NcaseM1_04.jpg

Associate
The chances of a second run are really slim to none at this point. If you really want one you're going to need to go to the places where you'd find these for sale and pay the premium unfortunately.

My are assumptions are this - I'm not that desperate for one (I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for one), just if it did happen I probably would.

Anyway, I'm quite keen to design/build my own case so I may use the m1 as a starting point and tailor it to my exact needs.

Associate
where can you buy this from i wonder if it will accommodate my new build..........

just reread thread and realised its sold out :(

what other lian li cases do people recommend?

Last edited:
Associate
Panic over guys, the HX1000 fits! :D

Cv1Sdi9.jpg

holy crap LOL..... i'd be tempted to take the PSU apart and see if the cables could be routed through a new hole in it's top, which would route them easier into the case

Now you need a very short GPU though

I need SFX because the R9 290x is fairly long.

i'd be tempted (and probably will be) by one of the Asus mini cards, either the GTX680 or GTX760 depending on availability

here it is shown with a mITX board for comparison

http://extrahardware.cnews.cz/sites...srovnani-vykon/pics/asus-gtx-760-mini-itx.jpg

Do not hotlink images please

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The way to go with this case isn't the HX1000 anyway. The Silverstone ST45SF SFX PSU should run most cards on the market absolutely fine and leaves plenty of room for a nice long graphics card.

Plus Silverstone are doing something 550/600W flavoured early next year, that should cover you easily for everything bar the dual GPU cards.

Associate
If you can watercool the GPU you could easily put a reference 760 / 670 GTX in there with a full ATX PSU... just need to plan out your routing. Seriously looked into order one of these before, but it is just TOO SMALL to water cool - didn't think I'd be saying that. Obviously it is possible, but its very limiting and doesn't leave many options.

Can we get any pictures of the finished builds guys?

Back
Top Bottom