** Passive, Silent EVGA Graphics Card from OcUK Tech Labs **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

It gives me great pleasure to announce a result of in house testing, This card is perfect for anyone looking for a silent build.

Totally passive performance from an overclocked card using our favourite after market VGA cooler, the Alpenföhn Peter 2.

This card configuration has been tested in confined cases in a hot room and temperatures have not breached 65C.

Excellent result from a capable and affordable solution.

This of course is built to order in house here at OcUK.

OcUK Tech Labs - EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW Passive Silent VGA Solution @ £179.99 inc VAT

HS-003-TL_400.jpg

Tested passive in a restrictive case, and reaching a maximum of 65C using the Alpenföhn Peter 2 - Universal High-End VGA Cooler. The OcUK Tech Labs - EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW Passive Silent VGA Solution is the ultimate gaming card for users looking for absolute silence.

GX-242-EAGTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti cards give you the gaming horsepower to take on today's most demanding titles in full 1080p HD. They deliver 25% more performance than previous-generation cards and up to twice the power efficiency thanks to the next-generation NVIDIA Maxwell architecture. Plus they come loaded with GeForce GTX gaming technologies like NVIDIA Gamestream, G-SYNC and GeForce Experience.

Specification:-
- Pre installed Alpenföhn Peter 2 - Universal High-End VGA Cooler
- Core Clock: 1189MHz (Maxwell)
- Core Boost Clock: 1268MHz
- Memory: 2048MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 5400MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 128-Bit
- Processing Cores: 640
- Bus Type: PCI-Express GEN 3.0 (Backwards compatible)
- Display Connectors: 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x HDMI & 1x Analogue
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11.2 Support
- OpenGL 4.4 Support
- PhysX Enabled
- CUDA Enabled
- 3D Vision Enabled
- NVIDIA Surround Enabled
- Extremely Lower power consumption (Maximum consumption 120 watts at stock speed)
- 1x 6-Pin PCI-E Connectors required
- Warranty: 3 Years

Only £179.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Did you try it in a Silverstone SG05? And would you include the original ACX cooler if needed to switch back?

Associate
Wow this card is totally viable for gaming with no noise at all. I find that very attractive as my GPU is ALWAYS my noisiest part. (Maybe watercoolers would find their pumps louder IDK)

Soldato
I see your very large passive 750Ti and I raise you this single slot low profile passive 750Ti:

hs2.jpg

;)

For the (potential) size and for the power draw the 750Ti is the best performing card out there. Used to be AMD turf but the 750Ti sank all the small card AMD offerings.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi I'm very interested in purchasing the OcUK Tech Labs passive silent solution for £180.

1: First off, does the £180 price include both the heatsink and the GTX 750 Ti FTW GPU?
2: Does it take any more space up compared to the original EVGA version (with two fans)? What is the new length from the original 9 inches?
3: Is the heatsink already attached to the GPU once it's delivered, or do I need to attach it? If the latter, how easy is it to attach?
4: How easy is this modified passive-silent version to install compared to the original two-fan version?
5: Can the unit be placed in any orientation within my desktop case (on its side / upside down etc.)?
6: Does it feature the DisplayPort port as that isn't listed in the features?
7: How does it compare to Hotwired's solution which only takes up a single slot?
8: Any chance of a passive solution for the 750 SC or the plain 750? If not, why not, as 9 inches in length may be too long for some cases...

Hotwired, I'd be grateful for more info on your solution, and any disadvantages/advantages compared to the OC £180 version. Why worry about making it fit a single slot? Is it just if you don't have any spare slots?

Last edited:
Soldato
That's not available from anyone, its a one off custom mod and cannot be used as a standalone cooling solution. It is passive but it uses the flow from a PSU fan.

Associate
Thanks. Just found the original thread too.

AFAIK, the 750Ti is capped at 80 degrees, and from that page, it looks like your custom-made one-off solution gets close to that (AFAIK, Nvidia throttles the GPU past that point). In contrast, the OcUK Tech Labs one at the start of this thread doesn't go beyond 65 degrees which sounds potentially good for lifetime issues.

And I take it that the only reason you'd want to make it single slot / low profile is if you're running out of slots?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes indeed, you don't go for really small heatsinks unless you need to, large heatsinks perform better but you need the luxury of space to start with.

The mod was an exercise in getting the best performance within available size/power/heat limits.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Hi I'm very interested in purchasing the OcUK Tech Labs passive silent solution for £180.

1: First off, does the £180 price include both the heatsink and the GTX 750 Ti FTW GPU?
2: Does it take any more space up compared to the original EVGA version (with two fans)? What is the new length from the original 9 inches?
3: Is the heatsink already attached to the GPU once it's delivered, or do I need to attach it? If the latter, how easy is it to attach?
4: How easy is this modified passive-silent version to install compared to the original two-fan version?
5: Can the unit be placed in any orientation within my desktop case (on its side / upside down etc.)?
6: Does it feature the DisplayPort port as that isn't listed in the features?
7: How does it compare to Hotwired's solution which only takes up a single slot?
8: Any chance of a passive solution for the 750 SC or the plain 750? If not, why not, as 9 inches in length may be too long for some cases...

Hotwired, I'd be grateful for more info on your solution, and any disadvantages/advantages compared to the OC £180 version. Why worry about making it fit a single slot? Is it just if you don't have any spare slots?

On my phone so apologies if I miss anything.

The price includes the card with the cooler pre fitted. We can ship the stick cooler to you also if you wish.

It takes up more space yes. But this is a performance cooler designed for high end VGA solutions. It is around the same length as a 280x

Tech labs products are designed so that you don't have to do the tough bits. We install the cooler and stress it for a period to ensure it is perfect for when it reaches you. Install it in your system and install your drivers and get gaming.

Orientation doesn't matter. Having it upside down would probably work better in honesty.

I'm not 100% sure on the DP compatibility. If it isn't in the features then it's unlikely. I can't remember if it has it.

It isn't single slit but it is designed to be high performance. So there is a trade off.

The tradeoff is based on a fast card that we can warranty. The ftw is a great card and we found it to give the best mix of performance as well as being reliable under peak load.

Hope this helps

Associate
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the stock 750Ti FTW has DisplayPort (needed for G Sync).

Perhaps you can check on this.

I'd be grateful for the height, width, and length dimensions, so I can see if it fits into my case.

Finally, if I'm not OCing the unit, do I still need to put in that extra molex power lead regardless?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Okay, linked directly to the pic instead. No harm intended, as it was still an EVGA, but modified to make it silent.

You still need to remove the link, before you get into trouble.

Posting images.
You may post images providing they are hosted by a well known image hosting website, such as imageshack, photobucket etc.. Directly linking to images on other sites that are not expressly for that purpose (known as Hotlinking) is not permitted. Hotlinked images will be removed with an infraction notice issued. Repeat offenders will be suspended. The sharing of images from your own personal web-space is acceptable providing you are the owner and give permission to do so. However, the OCUK moderation team reserve the right to replace or remove any image that is suspicious of being hotlinked or unknowingly hosted by a members personal web-space, as it is not possible to identify those where permission has been granted or otherwise. Such decisions will not be overturned. To avoid complication, we strongly advise that all images are hosted by a image host as mentioned above, which can be easily identified as so. Images containing nudity, adult or offensive material, including swearing are prohibited. Please check your images before posting. No watermarks or URLs for sites containing content that wouldn't normally be allowed such as competitors, adult sites etc. Any images of such nature will be removed and your account immediately suspended or banned. Unless otherwise agreed by the moderation team, images must be no wider than 1280 pixels wide. The only exception to this are images posted in
tags.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the stock 750Ti FTW has DisplayPort (needed for G Sync).

Perhaps you can check on this.

I'd be grateful for the height, width, and length dimensions, so I can see if it fits into my case.

Finally, if I'm not OCing the unit, do I still need to put in that extra molex power lead regardless?

twinbee, the card is 100% DP compatible.

the extra power connector you are mentioning, is this the 6pin PCI-E connector?

if so then yes, you will need to plug it in regardless.

Associate
Yes, the FTW model do have a extra 6 pin PCI.E connector that brings up to +35W into the card compared to ref Version which automatically shows higher clocks then all ref Version of the card this is also the reason why a small block like on the picture do not work for this card.

Back
Top Bottom