• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Soldato
Would have thought 4.5 was enough on Mantle but given some of the other scores, i suppose could get some gains going higher. I have issues getting ti stable above 4.7 but i suppose the CPU doesnt have to be rock solid, just enough for the bench :D

Caporegime
Would have thought 4.5 was enough on Mantle but given some of the other scores, i suppose could get some gains going higher. I have issues getting ti stable above 4.7 but i suppose the CPU doesnt have to be rock solid, just enough for the bench :D

I've not tested how much it helps on Mantle, just taking Kaaps word for it. So clock it as far as it will go. :)

Associate
Silly question, just got thief (finally!) and how do you enable mantle? Is it like bf4 where you have to enable it in system settings or is it on by default?

Try this
thief.jpg

Associate
Entry

3770k 3.7/7970s 1200/1600 24/7 clocks (its way too hot here to even try bench with high clocks)

1080p single card mantle
9kIh82W.jpg

1080p crossfire mantle
2O9oefX.jpg

With crossfire i get a big bottleneck on my first 2 threads. It doesnt make a difference if i bench with stock clocks or 1200/1600

Caporegime
OP
Entry

3770k 3.7/7970s 1200/1600 24/7 clocks (its way too hot here to even try bench with high clocks)

1080p single card mantle
9kIh82W.jpg

1080p crossfire mantle
2O9oefX.jpg

With crossfire i get a big bottleneck on my first 2 threads. It doesnt make a difference if i bench with stock clocks or 1200/1600

Overclock your CPU more if you can ;)

Done.

Caporegime
Ok Kaap the results are in. I'm slightly slower (0.6fps) than my previous 1080P score because temps are higher. The extra cpu speed does make a difference. Not a huge difference, but definitely a good few extra fps. This is not an entry bumhug.

1080P - Mantle
5.3ghz
1250/1625

5pg65Qu.jpg

1080P - Mantle
4.8ghz
1250/1625

WtQjJdT.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Some games work better with a console pad though, Sleeping dogs for example. I don't mind using either on games like this. If there's a lot of skillful aiming/shooting involved then ill always use mouse and keyboard.

You can shot ppl with a CrossBow, the controls in this third person perspective are no different to Tomb Raider.

Soldato
What's the best method for controls in this game, Xbox pad or mouse and keyboard?

Played a good bit of it on my mates PC. We used a pad and it felt pretty good. We were sitting back playing on his 50 inch screen taking turns about so a pad was the best way forward. I doubt mouse and keyboard would be any better for this game as stealth is the main aim.

Caporegime
Played a good bit of it on my mates PC. We used a pad and it felt pretty good. We were sitting back playing on his 50 inch screen taking turns about so a pad was the best way forward. I doubt mouse and keyboard would be any better for this game as stealth is the main aim.

Just played 30 minutes. Think i might like this game, i like collecting things. :D

I wonder if i can soup up the graphics via CCC with some supersampling? TrueAudio seems nice as well. Nothing earth shattering but definitely adds some much needed immersion to the game.

Using an Xbox pad and like how it feels so will use that.

Back
Top Bottom