AOC u3477Pqu 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 Monitor

Associate
Anyone know when this baby is out looks better than the lg 34um95-p
th_1_zpsbdef5a3f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Permabanned
Nope it could be a while because LG did a few adjustments on thier own version and Dell announced thier version ages ago and still nothing has appeared. Stock is just starting to filter in i think of the updated LG so i would not be suprised if AOC was 2-3 months off.

Associate
i don't know what you're talking about, but freesync is supposed to be a software solution from AMD. i fail to see how that is relevant here.

i think you meant G-SYNC, which is the hardware solution exclusive to nvidia cards, as of this moment.

Soldato
Releasing September without Freesync's a bit meh to be honest.
At this rate Freesync will be a 2015 tech.

The specifications for the LV343HUPX which this model is based on don't specify the DP version which would have to be DP 1.2a. Regardless AOC Europe are still finalising their specification so may not have decided on that yet. Whatever they choose it will be designed to keep costs as low as possible without compromising on the core experience for most users. And no I don't work for them even though that sounded like marketing speak. :p

Caporegime
i don't know what you're talking about, but freesync is supposed to be a software solution from AMD. i fail to see how that is relevant here.

i think you meant G-SYNC, which is the hardware solution exclusive to nvidia cards, as of this moment.

Needs DP 1.2A and to be compatible, so it's pretty relevant ;)

The specifications for the LV343HUPX which this model is based on don't specify the DP version which would have to be DP 1.2a. Regardless AOC Europe are still finalising their specification so may not have decided on that yet. Whatever they choose it will be designed to keep costs as low as possible without compromising on the core experience for most users. And no I don't work for them even though that sounded like marketing speak. :p

As much as AMD do talk some crap, I can't imagine DP 1.2A standard increasing the cost very much in terms of manufacturing?

Soldato
Needs DP 1.2A and to be compatible, so it's pretty relevant ;)

As much as AMD do talk some crap, I can't imagine DP 1.2A standard increasing the cost very much in terms of manufacturing?

It does if manufacturers have stocked up on usual DP 1.2 controllers. :) The problem with DP 1.2a is it isn't really 'standard' at all at the moment. It's more of a niche thing used by some manufacturers (notably Dell) at the moment but should be much more widespread in the future. DP 1.3 isn't exactly miles off either, though.

Associate

send your p45 back then!

Man of Honour
Hi, September in stock with OCUK, I have seen it and I am unashamed to say that i gave it a cuddle and maybe even a leg came up! :D however this was just an early sample

Hi,

Who would I get in touch with to enquire about review samples, especially in relation to directly comparing against the 34UM95 from LG?

:cool:

Caporegime
It does if manufacturers have stocked up on usual DP 1.2 controllers. :) The problem with DP 1.2a is it isn't really 'standard' at all at the moment. It's more of a niche thing used by some manufacturers (notably Dell) at the moment but should be much more widespread in the future. DP 1.3 isn't exactly miles off either, though.

You make a very valid point.

That does make things frustrating. AMD's aiming for models to launch in about 3-6 months I believe? I could be wrong. And as much as AMD are aiming for it, that doesn't mean they command monitor manufacturers.

I wonder if the AOC rep can put this to rest?

Back
Top Bottom