The ASUS Rampage V Extreme Thread

OcUK Staff
No more ROG boards on X99 for a long time if at all. None in development.

I think the board looks great but its all personal opinion on that.

The overclocking efficiency and tweaking is superb well done to Shammy TL Elmor and the ROG team.

Soldato
Indeed :) I need to work out which board is best for me :)

If you're going tri-fire it looks like the Rampage has more options for layout (over the deluxe). For a start it supports 4-way and it has that black PCI-e slot that LtMatt is using on the Rampage 4 Extreme to give better spacing. I'm speculating of course that it can be used on this board too for 3-way.

Associate
No more ROG boards on X99 for a long time if at all. None in development.

I think the board looks great but its all personal opinion on that.

The overclocking efficiency and tweaking is superb well done to Shammy TL Elmor and the ROG team.

Darn I figured as much. Is that single block of "heatsink" enough for what's being described as a hot PCH? I imagine it should be ok.

Soldato
If you're going tri-fire it looks like the Rampage has more options for layout (over the deluxe). For a start it supports 4-way and it has that black PCI-e slot that LtMatt is using on the Rampage 4 Extreme to give better spacing. I'm speculating of course that it can be used on this board too for 3-way.

That's true, but the extreme runs at 16/8/8 and the deluxe runs at 16/16/8, I know it won't make any difference to gaming or benching, it'll annoy me if I don't run my 3 290's as fast as possible :p the deluxe does look fairly tight for 3 cards though, maybe the extreme is better after all. :)

Soldato
That's true, but the extreme runs at 16/8/8 and the deluxe runs at 16/16/8, I know it won't make any difference to gaming or benching, it'll annoy me if I don't run my 3 290's as fast as possible :p the deluxe does look fairly tight for 3 cards though, maybe the extreme is better after all. :)

I hadn't spotted that the Rampage only does 16x/8x/8x. The IV did 16x/16x/8x I think.
The other option then is the Asus X99-E WS which does 16x/16x/16x/16x.

4.6 very good

I didn't think "I won't be overclocking my CPU much" really worked with "will probably aim for 4.4 - 4.6".

Soldato
I hadn't spotted that the Rampage only does 16x/8x/8x. The IV did 16x/16x/8x I think.
The other option then is the Asus X99-E WS which does 16x/16x/16x/16x.

I didn't think "I won't be overclocking my CPU much" really worked with "will probably aim for 4.4 - 4.6".

:p I had my old 3770K @ 4.6 and that wasn't really pushing the chip much, so i just assumed it would be the same for this.

Ordered the extreme anyway, don't think they are in stock until tomorrow anyway so i'll expect delivery tuesday. :)

Associate
:p I had my old 3770K @ 4.6 and that wasn't really pushing the chip much, so i just assumed it would be the same for this.

Ordered the extreme anyway, don't think they are in stock until tomorrow anyway so i'll expect delivery tuesday. :)

They have a small number of RVE's coming in tomorrow. I ordered as soon as they went live, so hoping to get mine shipped tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday(Ireland).

The sad thing is I ordered the processor and RAM separate, and they will be here on Tuesday. Going to be really hard looking at the CPU and not be able to do anything with it:mad::mad:

Still, we be a fun week putting the new build together. Ordered 2 MSI 290x's for it as well, and will jump too three in the future, before going custom cooling for them all.

Last edited:
Soldato
They have a small number of RVE's coming in tomorrow. I ordered as soon as they went live, so hoping to get mine shipped tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday(Ireland).

The sad thing is I ordered the processor and RAM separate, and they will be here on Tuesday. Going to be really hard looking at the CPU and not be able to do anything with it:mad::mad:

Still, we be a fun week putting the new build together. Ordered 2 MSI 290x's for it as well, and will jump too three in the future, before going custom cooling for them all.

Nice :) what CPU did you go for?

Soldato
5960x. So you can imagine the wait will be almost unbearable. Although I do enjoy the excitement.

Oh yes :) I've ordered my CPU and memory and the board separate, I've taken my system apart already and sold the hardware, so I'm without a system until my board arrives :)

The wait is annoying yet exciting :)

Man of Honour
OP
Oh yes :) I've ordered my CPU and memory and the board separate, I've taken my system apart already and sold the hardware, so I'm without a system until my board arrives :)

The wait is annoying yet exciting :)

My memory has arrived:

PjgqdYg.jpg

:D

Just waiting on the rest of it all to turn up, hopefully tomorrow. I have a working system and won't upgrade until the end of the week if it all arrives this week.

Associate
My memory has arrived:

PjgqdYg.jpg

Just waiting on the rest of it all to turn up, hopefully tomorrow. I have a working system and won't upgrade until the end of the week if it all arrives this week.

Very nice.

Hopefully we will find out soon if the motherboards will be in sufficient stock and ship today. Looks like my CPU and ram will also arrive today.

Soldato
My memory has arrived:

PjgqdYg.jpg

Oh that's sexy memory! :D I'm thinking of changing from the corsair dominator to the new Kingston stuff, looks the business :)

Just spoke to a staff member who says the rampage should be in stock and shipped out today :cool:

Back
Top Bottom