• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Benchmark

Caporegime
Oh my god just leave it, not a big deal, you're the only one whining about it.

I understand his frustration, i use four cards too. Fact is this issue will only affect a small minority, but it's still important. However Mantle works well for one and two card users, which let's face it is the majority. That said we still want this to be addressed and i will chase it up and see if we can get some sort of ETA on the patch.

Hopefully it will get patched sooner rather than later. That should help to alleviate a CPU bottleneck with four cards.

:)

Soldato
As if anyone with 4 cards will run 1080p and have low FPS because of a bottleneck, above that resolution the bottleneck will diminish.

If I've understood him correctly, Kaap believed that the CPU was the bottleneck at 4K with 4 cards, hence the diminishing returns / poor scaling with 4 cards. AMD traditionally do quite well with multi-card scaling.

Man of Honour
OP
If I've understood him correctly, Kaap believed that the CPU was the bottleneck at 4K with 4 cards, hence the diminishing returns / poor scaling with 4 cards. AMD traditionally do quite well with multi-card scaling.

Scaling tends to drop off after you get to three cards but it is no big deal, 112fps @4K is enough for current monitors.

What I would be interested in is the minimums using Mantle with 4 cards as it looks like the CPU is really holding things up @4K.

Indeed in more graphically demanding games like Crysis 3 or BF4 quadfire scales a lot better. Unfortunately here we are dealing what is basically a 5 year old game that comes with a massive CPU bottleneck. Watching it run is very much like using Civ5 (which I play a lot) with the same min avg and max fps.

Back
Top Bottom