• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Soldato
Patch 7

"Hello everyone,
We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.7 build 4158.21 This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

This patch will address the following issues.
Made several AMD Mantle specific optimizations.
Fixed several issues with AMD Mantle and specific hardware configurations.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.6 build 4158.14, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
Step 4: select version_1.6 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!"

New Mantle patch guys :D happy testing

Caporegime
"Hello everyone,
We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.7 build 4158.21 This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

This patch will address the following issues.
Made several AMD Mantle specific optimizations.
Fixed several issues with AMD Mantle and specific hardware configurations.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.6 build 4158.14, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
Step 4: select version_1.6 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!"

New Mantle patch guys :D happy testing

:D

Time to test. ;)

Soldato
i7 2600k @4.4
Crossfire 290 @977/1250
Driver 14.9
1080p

Before patch 7
thief%20bench%20Mantle%20xfire.png

After :D HumBug I see I not had a post in here think my results was in Tommy thread.. This one can be my entry.
New%20patch%20theif.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kaap vram is no longer an issue at 4K with Mantle in this game. Just ran the benchmark and the minimum fps was, wait for it...70FPS. This is just a placeholder. I will dial the overclocks up now. Either way i think your 99fps score is going to be get beaten... stand by. :cool:

Caporegime
Definitely better performance. Previous best Mantle score 98.4, new Mantle score 110.7. Vram usage is the same. Once i get 8gb cards my fps are going to go higher again.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom