• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dragon Age Inquisition Benchmark Thread.

Associate
quick bench with cards @stock while messing with DSR 4K 21:9 which is 5120x2160

2n6xnw9.png

Soldato
Just treated my self to DA3 and tried the benchmark, It seems a little broken, It plays at what seems like fast forward, This normal ?

That's normal. Don't ask me why though. The only thing i can think of is them trying to fit more in in a short time scale. It's certainly not worth watching and in no way a good idea in my mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Strange as i would have expected the newer cards to benefit more from Mantle. 7970 cf played very nice under mantle and as i said the Benchmark scores that we recieved showed a 20% benefit.

System specs were 3770k @4.5ghz
2 x stock 7970's
8gb ram
ssd.
1000w corsair psu

Anyhow this game seems to be a good release unlike some of the buggy crap PC has seen lately.

Only better at 4K for me

Asa

Asa

Associate
Crossfire 290 at 4k res, I found GPU usage with Mantle a bit all over the place but typically adding the values together would not exceed 100% use (ie GPU1 25%, GPU2 75% etc).

Hoping Dx crossfire works out a bit better, I'll give that a go later. And if that doesn't work I'll just through my new 295x-2 at it.

Associate
A bit of a thread resurrection I know but I only just got the game so thought I'd try out a few different options.

My system is: -

4790k @ 4.6
AMD 295x2 @ 1050/1600
Omega Drivers

** Any image wider than 1280 pixels should be linked or placed in spoiler tags **
1080p DX11

1080p Mantle

1440p (VSR) DX11

1440p (VSR) Mantle

So overall a definite win for Mantle but I have noticed that the loading times in general are waaay longer when using Mantle, so much so that the first time I tried the benchmark I actually alt-F4'd it because I thought it had crashed! Anyone else getting that?

In general it's a pretty good looking game but not as good as I was expecting for such a heavy strain on the gpus.

Associate
I think when it first came out there were some problems with Mantle but since then it's been patched and the Omega drivers were released which seems to have sorted it. In game it runs very well, I keep switching between 1080p maxed settings and 1440p VSR with slightly lower settings and can't decide which is better image quality but they both look good and I can keep 60fps locked with vsync with both.

Associate
Well I've only played it for a few hours and it seems pretty good so far although some of the camera controls are very cumbersome.
I have also found that it can max the temps and throttle my 295x2 quite quickly when running 1440p VSR so I'm sticking with 1080p for the moment :)

Associate
I never actually got around to completing Origins, one day I'll go back to it. I have to say that the camera controls and the tactical view definitely aren't as good in Inquisition as they were in Origins.

Man of Honour
OP
A bit of a thread resurrection I know but I only just got the game so thought I'd try out a few different options.

My system is: -

4790k @ 4.6
AMD 295x2 @ 1050/1600
Omega Drivers

** Any image wider than 1280 pixels should be linked or placed in spoiler tags **
1080p DX11

1080p Mantle

1440p (VSR) DX11

1440p (VSR) Mantle

So overall a definite win for Mantle but I have noticed that the loading times in general are waaay longer when using Mantle, so much so that the first time I tried the benchmark I actually alt-F4'd it because I thought it had crashed! Anyone else getting that?

In general it's a pretty good looking game but not as good as I was expecting for such a heavy strain on the gpus.

Scoreboard updated.:)

I can not use VSR or DSR for the scoreboards unfortunately though.

Mantle shows a very good improvement though.:)

Associate
Oops, sorry about the size of the images.

Yeah I presumed the VSR ones wouldn't be suitable for actual results, more just out of curiosity. Do you happen to know if anyone has done any proper testing on VSR/DSR performance vs actually running at that resolution?

Hmm, looking at the scoreboard something doesn't seem right with my results. When running in DX11 I'm getting 20fps less than Bonjour when I've got a faster cpu and gpu, only difference is I'm using the newer drivers but I can't imagine they would have lead to drop that big?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Oops, sorry about the size of the images.

Yeah I presumed the VSR ones wouldn't be suitable for actual results, more just out of curiosity. Do you happen to know if anyone has done any proper testing on VSR/DSR performance vs actually running at that resolution?

Hmm, looking at the scoreboard something doesn't seem right with my results. When running in DX11 I'm getting 20fps less than Bonjour when I've got a faster cpu and gpu, only difference is I'm using the newer drivers but I can't imagine they would have lead to drop that big?

Try your card out on some other benches to compare results.

Also check that you are running PCI-E 3.0 as the 295X2 needs a lot of bandwidth.

Associate
Yeah I've put results up in the Firestrike and Skydiver threads and got pretty decent scores in them, very comparable to other peoples and my Heaven scores seem fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom