• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? If customer is unhappy with their 970 we are giving customers until end of February to return it. :)

Hi Gibbo, if you do accept returns what about if we don't have the box, drivers disk etc any more?

So nvidia believe there is no case, then I believe there is no sale. If I can return the card then fantastic I'll get the new amd variant when it comes out for the bigger bus and ram as I want to go 4k and very NEARLY got another 970 the other day

OCUK will initially foot the bill but if this goes as it should what will happen is that the retailer will just lose the profit made as they will be reimbursed by their distributor at trade prices, who will then be reimbursed by theres so on..... The manufacturer will be reimbursed but this will depend on the contracts signed and the countries laws they are based in.

They will lose the profit but if people like myself are going to upgrade to 980's then they will eventually make more profit as its a sale they would not have made otherwise. Albeit this will probably be wiped out by other losses incurred by this.

So customers upgrading to GTX980 may help offest any losses, selling GTX970s at B-Grade prices. Makes sense I suppose.

Thanks.

it is their job. do you not realize it ? the better they do it the better for business. games vouchers as i said would be from Nvidia not ocuk. gibbo could have put this across while speaking.

gibbo is trying his best no one denies this but he is doing it so you buy again and keep buying . not cause he loves everyone. its business .

NVIDIA have stated, the product is not miss-advertised, so they have no requirement to offer codes, if they offered them, they'd have to give them to millions when as they have clearly shown, there is no issue.

OcUK is acting of its own back now by sorting returns for its customers for those who are unhappy, but there shall be no compensation, no game codes etc.

So far this has shown me the men from the boys for customer support. I used to shop around but this has changed things.

Always previously avoided in-house brands / warranty but seeing how theyve handled this I wish id gone with them over MSI.

I agree.

OCUK (and other retailers) buy products in good faith from their suppliers. The sale of goods act places the ultimate responsibility on the retailer to make sure that the customer is receiving goods that perform as described (as well as being fit for purpose etc).

I think NVIDIA should be helping OCUK, as much as OCUK seem to be helping their customers. Ultimately, OCUK can vote with their money, just like the end user can. If NVIDIA don't supply good products that perform as described, and furthermore leave retailers to clear up their mess, they will ultimately suffer the consequences.

In a perfect world maybe, but OCUK would never just stop purchasing Nvidia products.

Kinda incorrect there, Nvidia misinformed Overclockers who then misinformed customers (ACCIDENTLY & NOT OCUK's FAULT!!).
Sale Of Good Act 1979 states (amongst other things) that an item must be/perform etc as described. Although Nvidia messed up big time, as soon as OCUK used Nvidias product description on the OCUK website there was a break of consumer law.

Erm, no. Nvidia misinformed a handful of hardware review sites who then included invalid information in their reviews, this error was then replicated by smaller review sites who took that info from them. At no point did Nvidia or OCUK themselves misinform the customers.

I agree.

OCUK (and other retailers) buy products in good faith from their suppliers. The sale of goods act places the ultimate responsibility on the retailer to make sure that the customer is receiving goods that perform as described (as well as being fit for purpose etc).

I think NVIDIA should be helping OCUK, as much as OCUK seem to be helping their customers. Ultimately, OCUK can vote with their money, just like the end user can. If NVIDIA don't supply good products that perform as described, and furthermore leave retailers to clear up their mess, they will ultimately suffer the consequences.

NVIDIA have not miss-advertised, they feel all is fine and the 970 is a fantastic product which it is.

OcUK however understands some people still are unhappy and as such we are making our own efforts of our own backs to keep our customers happy.

NVIDIA have stated, the product is not miss-advertised, so they have no requirement to offer codes, if they offered them, they'd have to give them to millions when as they have clearly shown, there is no issue.

OcUK is acting of its own back now by sorting returns for its customers for those who are unhappy, but there shall be no compensation, no game codes etc.

Do you agree with Nvidia's tance on this? Sorry no need to answer if this puts you in an awkward position. ;)

How does he know I have not, assumptions are the mother of all beep beeps, we've gone at it from every angle.

LMAO

That's been my saying throughout my career...

I have RMA'ed my Inno3d,

I am in a lucky position ATM, where I have Just ordered a 980

My thoughts throughout this were fairly neutral until the Nvidia response yesterday (might have been Tuesday). Felt is was sort of like the BP sorry response on South Park...

I am now very happy.

I will get the warm fuzzy feeling that I have future proofed my system, without niggles always at the back of my mind, that if/when I up my resolution all will be good.

Thanks Gibbo and OCUK, this is why I only buy from you and why I will always return as a customer.

thank you for your response. there is no issue ? why is everyone returning cards then :p

nvidia admitted there mistake. so in other words you get nothing cause we said so.

im actually happy with performance. at 1080 it wipes the floor with 290s. thats why i wont return it.

nvidia is at fault i dont blame ocuk . you done well through support.

Hi Gibbo, if you do accept returns what about if we don't have the box, drivers disk etc any more?

Not an issue, B-grade items don't always come in original packaging or with all accessories, hence why we sell B-grade stock for considerably less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom