• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

Soldato
Specification:-
- Screen Size: 27" (69cm)
- Resolution: 2560x1440 WQHD
- Panel: TN
- Response Time: 1ms
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Brightness: 350cd/m
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1 (100,000,000:1 DCR)
- Connectivity: 1x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.20 (Display Cable and USB cables included)
- USB 3.0 Hub
- FreeSync Enabled
- Dimensions (HxWxD mm): 557.4x663.7x226.0
- Weight: 8kg
- Height adjust stand with pivot, swivel and tilt
- Full Specification: http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monito...fication/#skip
- Warranty: 2yr

I knew they was a reason.. You guys said it would come with one.

Edit
Well I just read it wrong again. Its not saying DisplayPort cable lol

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
That's what CCC video settings is for :p

This BenQ now has zero processing, has does my TV if I choose it to do so.

AMD have a lot cool built-in video processing..

My delivery is in next couple mins.. CANT wait!

Ok, I'll make this a little bit easier for you Shankly, I've seen from other threads where you get ripped quite a lot for not knowing what your talking about, this is going to be simple...

Unless you watch a video at the panels native res, the video will look like ****, its a grainy, sometimes blocky mess. No fannying around with CCC will fix that. Also, watching the video, the colour shift is god awful. To fix the video you need proper scaling and processing, the Swift and this BenQ are the same.

It's a simple heads up for people jumping straight to 1440p with these TN panels that they might not think about.

Soldato
Ok, I'll make this a little bit easier for you Shankly, I've seen from other threads where you get ripped quite a lot for not knowing what your talking about, this is going to be simple...

Unless you watch a video at the panels native res, the video will look like ****, its a grainy, sometimes blocky mess. No fannying around with CCC will fix that. Also, watching the video, the colour shift is god awful. To fix the video you need proper scaling and processing, the Swift and this BenQ are the same.

It's a simple heads up for people jumping straight to 1440p with these TN panels that they might not think about.

Bah, bah,bah

Soldato
Bah, bah,bah
Yep, we have yet another "product expert" in the house who have no hands-on experience with the said product :D

It's funny how he's trying to discourage people from getting these monitors, rather telling people to check "if" those "issues" really exist or not after getting them, and send them back if they do :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

FREESYNC update, I can't test it! :(
Spoken with AMD and they gave me this official response:

AMD is very excited that monitors compatible with AMD FreeSync™ technology are now available in select regions. We know gamers are excited to bring home an incredibly smooth and tearing-free PC gaming experience powered by AMD Radeon™ GPUs and AMD A-Series APUs. We’re pleased to announce that a compatible AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver to enable AMD FreeSync™ technology for single-GPU configurations will be publicly available on AMD.com starting March 19, 2015. Support for AMD CrossFire™ configurations will be available the following month in April, 2015.

It seems BenQ and OcUK have jumped the gun a little with getting physical stock, so enjoy the monitors for their performance be ready to download the FREESYNC driver on the 19th, so not to long to wait.

In the meantime I shall ask AMD if they can maybe help OcUK with getting a BETA driver. :)

Soldato
Hi there

AMD is very excited that monitors compatible with AMD FreeSync™ technology are now available in select regions. We know gamers are excited to bring home an incredibly smooth and tearing-free PC gaming experience powered by AMD Radeon™ GPUs and AMD A-Series APUs. We’re pleased to announce that a compatible AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver to enable AMD FreeSync™ technology for single-GPU configurations will be publicly available on AMD.com starting March 19, 2015. Support for AMD CrossFire™ configurations will be available the following month in April, 2015.

It seems BenQ and OcUK have jumped the gun a little with getting physical stock, so enjoy the monitors for their performance be ready to download the FREESYNC driver on the 19th, so not to long to wait.

In the meantime I shall ask AMD if they can maybe help OcUK with getting a BETA driver. :)

No problem! I can wait, need to order DisplayPort cable anyways..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I knew something was a miss when there were zero reviews.

2 weeks wait for a driver when they've already had 3 months without one isn't great but I'll enjoy 1440p 144hz till then. Hopefully it works flawlessly when released.

Oh wait, crossfire freesync isn't coming till April...

What a ******* joke, I may as well return it as by then there'll be cheaper alternatives.

This is the reason AMD simply can't compete with nvidia, always playing catch up taking forever to release stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I knew something was a miss when there were zero reviews.

2 weeks wait for a driver when they've already had 3 months without one isn't great but I'll enjoy 1440p 144hz till then. Hopefully it works flawlessly when released.

Oh wait, crossfire freesync isn't coming till May...

What a ******* joke, I may as well return it as by then there'll be cheaper alternatives.
And I knew posts like this is coming the moment Gibbo posted.

Typical :p

Caporegime
And I knew posts like this is coming the moment Gibbo posted.

Typical :p

Well when you buy a monitor advertised for freesync and they said the omega drivers supported freesync what do you expect?

I can't see it being long before I go back to nvidia at this rate, shame because the 295x2 is working flawlessly but they just can't release drivers fast enough for crossfire.

bru

bru

Soldato
I so want to make fun of this, but I will try to remain sensible.

It is a bit of mess to be left in for sure, but I'm sure that when things get sorted out it will have been worth the wait.
I got to have a play on a friends GSYNC setup yesterday and all I can say is WOW, I will certainly be looking into funds for a new monitor in the near future.
Assuming that Freesync works as well then it will have been worth waiting all this time for.

Caporegime
Hi there

Freesync was meant to be in the Omega driver apparently?

AMD in another late shocker.

Associate
Oh dear AMD, you really do know how to make yourselves look silly after claiming the Omega drivers were the ones to enable FreeSync. The NVidia fanbois are going to (quite rightly) have a field day with this one :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Freesync was meant to be in the Omega driver apparently?

AMD in another late shocker.

In fairness guys, look around, you won't find FREESYNC monitors IN STOCK nearly anywhere else worldwide.

I am a good buyer, I have stock now, OcUK first in the world with stock, I am amazing, AMD are just sticking to their scheduled launch date which was not in a public domain.

So don't give them to much of a hard time. :)

Back
Top Bottom