Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Soldato
It's clearly a budget product, going by the styling. Given this and the refresh rate, it's highly unlikely to be IPS or Samsung VA. That would leave TN or AUO or Sharp VA. AFAIK AUO don't have any curved VA stuff yet or in the pipeline. Sharp VA would be too expensive. That leaves TN.

Re: cost. No way it'll be 1k Euros, Dollars or Pounds. Acer are a 'value' brand.

Well if Acer is a budget brand then someone has to call up the local retailers here in denmark and have them adjusting their prices cause they are charging premiums for every single gsync monitor from acer.

That ultra wide acer monitor is going to be some varient of IPS and certainly not TN imho. With all the 120hz+ IPS screen being demoed and released soon i cannot see why it shouldnt be possible to add a "few" extra pixels to the width and drive it at the same 144hz.

Associate
OP
Acer just tweeted that the monitor will be available in August. I'd post the tweet but this forum has a serious fetish about not posting images.

Now that we have a release date maybe Badass would be able to verify what the entire gaming world wants to know: Is it indeed a 3440x1440 curved 144 Hz G-Sync ULMB VA/IPS?

OcUK Staff
Acer told me only earlier this week that specs have yet to be finalised. there's going to be a few different versions from what i can gather. sounds like some combinations of the following:

- 3400 x 1440 or 2560 x 1080 res
- G-sync or Freesync or neither

Missed this sorry mate.
They are IPS, 3440x1440 and there will be a Freesync version around £899 and a G-Sync version around £999

If I remember right our container is due around end of July, I will put them on the website in coming days for pre-order as I know UK will be getting less than 500 of each so sure to sell out.

The 35" versions also coming can't remember if I mentioned these but these shall be VA panel variants. :)

FTL

FTL

Associate
Missed this sorry mate.
They are IPS, 3440x1440 and there will be a Freesync version around £899 and a G-Sync version around £999

If I remember right our container is due around end of July, I will put them on the website in coming days for pre-order as I know UK will be getting less than 500 of each so sure to sell out.

The 35" versions also coming can't remember if I mentioned these but these shall be VA panel variants. :)

Awesome stuff Gibbo, so there will be 34 and 35 inch ultrawide versions, 34 is IPS and 35 is VA?

Thanks!

Soldato
Missed this sorry mate.

Thanks for the info,

Gibbo I'm going to email you about an order if you don't mind - I've made a grave mistake.

Associate
OP
Missed this sorry mate.

Oh wow awesome news. :eek:

Associate
OP
Does OcUK offer any screen testing before shipping services? Having a pricey monitor shipped over to the US, I'd pay pretty good to have someone check out the monitor for panel defects before shipping.

Back
Top Bottom