• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

Soldato
I would get reflections on ultra and reflection msaa on, it doesnt hog too much gpu power but looks real nice, takes a lot of the jaggies away. I do like my fancy reflections though. :)

+1

Reflections make the game look so much better, especially when it's raining! I've got them maxed and damn! I crash so much because I just stare at the reflections on the cars :(

Soldato
As far as i could see it made things more textured, so made the bumps on textures stand out more.

Someone linked a comparison video earlier in teh thread but i cant see it now.

Caporegime
My settings for GTA, should any AMD users wish to copy. Tested at 4K on a R9 295x2 and QuadFire 290X 8GB's.

igb58p.jpg

2ymfu6f.jpg

35n58vq.jpg

People that hate the subtle blurring of DOF and Motion blur may wish to disable, but in this game i don't mind having it on.

Associate
Struggling to get it smooth at 1080p with 3820 @ 4.3 and 2 x 7970, visible (slight) stutter when turning etc. No difference with vsync on or off. Tried a few variations of settings but no luck so far.

Minimap seems very stuttery, is that normal, i.e its running at a lower refresh rate than the main game.

Could anyone with a similar amd crossfire setup share their setttings?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I have managed to stop tinkering with settings now and am getting a solid 60FPS, with good temps so I don't need to monitor it anymore.

Im currently using:
Res: 1920x1080
Vsync in game Off
Vsync in Nvidia control panel - adaptive

All settings on High
FXAA - On
MSAA - off
Reflection MSAA - off
all three draw sliders - mid way
Antistropic filtering x16
Post fx - Normal(only disables motion blur which is fine by me)

This gives me 60FPS all day long with no drops(unless im online then it drops to about 57fps) with temps sitting around 50 for CPU/GPU1 and GPU2.

System:
CPU: AMD fx8350 @ 4.4
RAM: 8gb
GFX: Nvidia 770 4GB x2
SSD: Samsung EVO

I tested everything on very high and still got 60FPS consistently but my temps on both cards were breaching 70 and considering I have been playing for hours on end, I don't want them sitting at those temps for that length of time so put the settings down to high instead.

Soldato
Struggling to get it smooth at 1080p with 3820 @ 4.3 and 2 x 7970, visible (slight) stutter when turning etc. No difference with vsync on or off. Tried a few variations of settings but no luck so far.

Minimap seems very stuttery, is that normal, i.e its running at a lower refresh rate than the main game.

Could anyone with a similar amd crossfire setup share their setttings?

Thanks

Are you using MSAA? I noticed the map was stuttering (single 290) but it seems to have gone now since changing to 1440p with FXAA. playing on a 1080p monitor.

Soldato
what does tessellation do? I can't notice a difference.
In Grand Theft Auto V, its use is subtle, adding detail to select trees, the occasional bush, some cables, and some bodies of water. Of these enhancements only tree tessellation is noticeable during gameplay, and is likewise the only feature visible enough to capture in screenshots.As the detail level is raised, the amount of tessellation added at each step decreases, to the point where Very High's improvement is nigh on impossible to spot.

Grand Theft Auto V PC Graphics & Performance Guide | GeForce

Soldato
Cherry picking much :D or is that throughout the game ?

His gpu usage wont drop much with 4xAA on, if he turned that off it would drop to bout 50% in areas with nothing much going on the shoot back up to 97% when driving of blowing stuff up.

Thats what mine does anyway. When the power is needed it gets there.

Associate
With GPU usage in mind, should I be seeing a fairly consistent usage across the three cards I have?

At the moment, they are massively spiking. Sometimes one is reporting 100% use, while the other two are reporting 0% use. Sometimes 2 are at a 100% whilst the other is 0%.

Is it normal that, let's call it card three, is at 0%, whilst 1 and 2 are fairly highly used (still spikey), but then card 2 suddenly goes to 0% and card three takes up some of the work.. ie it seems from the graphs that randomly card 2 or 3 momentarily does nothing?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom