• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Does anyone have experience of the MSI coolers over EVGA? I've only had MSI Twin Frozr before and not any EVGA ones. I've got two EVGA 980TI's on order but then the MSI Gaming ones popped up shortly after and I probably have preference to those over EVGA at the moment.

Associate
Will be very interested what you think of it Angst, Will be a very nice upgrade from your xfire 280x.

Uhm... Im running a 4770K @ 4.5 with 2x280X crossfire :\ Not been impressed with these last 2 AMD cards, but when they do work theyre good... SO

Would it be worth the upgrade from 2x280x cf to a 980ti :confused:

Associate
Does anyone have experience of the MSI coolers over EVGA? I've only had MSI Twin Frozr before and not any EVGA ones. I've got two EVGA 980TI's on order but then the MSI Gaming ones popped up shortly after and I probably have preference to those over EVGA at the moment.

The TwinFrozr V's are much better than ACX 2.0 in my honest opinion. I had both on GTX 970's.

Associate
They're the same price, so would you guys go with the EVGA Classified or the EVGA Hybrid?? I'm a little torn at the minute after already changing my Superclocked order to the Classified. Will be in a Corsair Air540 if it makes any odds.

Associate
The TwinFrozr V's are much better than ACX 2.0 in my honest opinion. I had both on GTX 970's.

I have used the twin frozr cooler on a few cards (680/290X/970) and very pleased with the performance of it. Very quiet and very good at keeping temps down.

Think I'll email OCUK and see if I can swap them over then, plus they are £25 cheaper each than the EVGA with a better base clock out the box

Caporegime
I quite like the twin frozr cooler, very comparable in lack of noise to the gigabyte windforce solution. Hopefully the aftermarket cooled models appear soon. May end up going for one after all.

Man of Honour
OP
zt1iLy0.jpg

Didn't want to wait so traveled to my retailer to pick one of these up, benchmarks coming soon, very impressed :D

Heres my 980ti in its box and installed.

http://imgur.com/a/PYfBn

TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Reference, Phixsator, Link, Date 01/06/2015
Make Reference, Tommy_Here, Link, Date 01/06/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your 980 Ti.​

Soldato
Just ordered myself a EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti SC ACX 2.0....upgrading from a EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX

Pretty much my upgrade, going from a 780 to a 980ti. Hopefully I'll see some boost in performance. Such as GTA, Witcher 3 and even Dragon Age Inquisition being pushed that little further to ultra but still keep my 60fps.

Man of Honour
Anyone else stupid enough to have upgraded from 980's?

I don't do 4k, but I'm playing ultra wide at 3440x1440 and my 980's hit VRAM limit in GTAV so I fancied a little bit more headroom. :)

Back
Top Bottom