• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TRIO OF WEEKEND BLOODY SILLY PRICES!! **

Soldato
Or the Fury X ends up being not too good and no one buys it then all you who didnt buy the £500 980TI will kick yourselves.
It could go either way.

Dont forget Gibbo already has a Fury and must know by now how they are going to sell and thus plan the sales strategy for both AMD and Nvidia for the coming months......

Doesn't make sense, if Gibbo found the Fury X was not competitive he would more likely let 980Ti prices sit as they are, or even raise them.

IMHO expect Nvidia to react to Fury X with 980Ti price drops. They did it with 980 this week when 390X was released. They dropped 780 prices when 290X was released. The same pattern plays out every GPU release, same for AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doesn't make sense, if Gibbo found the Fury X was not competitive he would more likely let 980Ti prices sit as they are, or even raise them.

IMHO expect Nvidia to react to Fury X with 980Ti price drops. They did it with 980 this week, they when 390X was released. They dropped 780 prices when 290X was released. The same pattern plays out every GPU release, same for AMD.

This is why I want AMD to stay competitive. Otherwise Nvidia can charge what they want if there's no competition.

Permabanned
I think the card to get for the mainstream 1440p user is furyX ...I have a gut feeling it's a ti spanker ....it's new tech and I can see the ti being crushed by it.

I'm waiting on that just in case, 4gb's is plenty for 1440p.

I wish that 32" screen had free-sync though. They could stick another 100 quid on for it and I'd happily buy it still.

Soldato
I didnt say that.

Sorry if I misread but your original post implied Fury X could possibly end up not being so good. I assumed the rest was based on that implication.

Or the Fury X ends up being not too good and no one buys it then all you who didnt buy the £500 980TI will kick yourselves.
It could go either way.

Dont forget Gibbo already has a Fury and must know by now how they are going to sell and thus plan the sales strategy for both AMD and Nvidia for the coming months......

Caporegime
Ocuk is a business ...someone. On hotukdeals is saying ocuk are losing 3quid on each card?
Due 23/06/2015. Decent aftermarket cooler, 5 years warranty (after registration) plus Batman Arkham Knight code.

I suspect this maybe post-Fury X pricing but the staff on the forums seem to indicate they are making a loss on this product of £3 per card on this product.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah **** it I'll order one, if it's not in my hands by next weekend I'll just cancel it and pick one up from the states :)

Couldn't give a monkeys about the furyx or what it does to pricing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oops, ordered a pair of the 980ti's, was going to wait on a single MSI but at that price it is what I sold my three old titans for so its basically a free upgrade

OcUK Staff
OP
It could go either way.

I have being playing today, but I either have a driver issue or the rig I was using had NVIDIA sabotage going on as the performance was not as per expectation, should have being quicker.

Now got the Fury home with me and shall play with it over weekend comparing to my 290X and 980Ti G1. But from the press pack I have the Fury X is a 980Ti competitor, not a beater and not a loser.

Also NVIDIA are not going to move 980Ti price, simply no way as they know MSRP on Fury X is around £549 inc. VAT, same price as their 980Ti which they will argue has more features and more VRAM.

Also NVIDIA will not move price when AMD has such limited stocks and all resellers are price gouging and sell way over £600 due to such limited stocks.

This sub £500 980Ti is a truly genuine deal, a very silly one at that and yes OcUK does lose nearly £3 a card, this is purely a marketing stunt. Take one of the best 980Ti on the market with best warranty and then move sub £500 and make a load of noise!! Marketing!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom