• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD Fiji Thread**

OcUK Staff
Rgr that Gibbo,

I hope performance at 4K is decent, Picked up the AOC 4K u2868pqu Saturday from Ocuk ready for it.
Come the 24th @12:59 i'll be hammering f5 ;), btw Gibbo, could you give us an indication as to how much stock you've got? i don't want to blink and see that i've missed out.

4k performance to be Frank on Fury is excellent. I just think AMD have also addressed other major issues such as coil whine being one of them and the cooler and design I'd rate as the best yet for a graphics card. :)

Caporegime
Im worried that this hype is going to be over hype.

the gpu world does need a shake up

For me the Fury is just an overblown (and tweaked) Tonga GPU with HBM integrated (hence the outdated HDMI 1.4a and DP 1.2 connections). I think they *had* to kinda play it safe as this chip is the first of its kind in regards to this memory technology.

It's gonna be good but not great, that moniker is reserved for next years die-shrinks :cool:

Soldato
Doubtful, will be strictly first come first served by online orders. We have less than 100 cards for launch and we expect them to sell online within minutes.

Yeah I'll be ordering online but I'd like to come collect it as I won't be available for delivery Thursday, Friday or Saturday :(

OcUK Staff
Butttt they have the separate LN2 version for those so inclined. I insist the air-cool version needs a backplate. :(

Classified no backplate always.

HOF does usually have a backplate. My sample is ES version so I cant really confirm no backplate or not. But I am very close with Galax so I will ask them about this and stress its needed.

You cant compare Fury X with no overclocking and no voltage control on stock PCB to aftermarket 980ti with Overclocking. voltage control, uprated cooler and VRM. Simply not a like for like comparison at all.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Gibbo, those G1's sound like monsters!! Surely a great buy atm :cool:

Let's hope AMD release the necessary tools to overclock the Fury asap!! Those temps are epic :eek: :eek: :eek:

G1 is the gamers card of choice, it's nearly 10-20% faster than a regular Ti in games and pretty much beats a Titan X in all games.

The G1 hands a regular Ti it's backside and it even gives a Titan a kicking.

Check my Heaven 4.0 score it beat every Titan X and they were water cooled. :)

I think Fury will be a huge hit, it rivals a stock Ti/Titan especially at 4k gaming, but cost less, is quieter, runs cooler and looks so damn good. :)

Caporegime
G1 is the gamers card of choice, it's nearly 10-20% faster than a regular Ti in games and pretty much beats a Titan X in all games.

The G1 hands a regular Ti it's backside and it even gives a Titan a kicking.

Check my Heaven 4.0 score it beat every Titan X and they were water cooled. :)

I think Fury will be a huge hit, it rivals a stock Ti/Titan especially at 4k gaming, but cost less, is quieter, runs cooler and looks so damn good. :)

:cool:

Associate

HOF does usually have a backplate. My sample is ES version so I cant really confirm no backplate or not. But I am very close with Galax so I will ask them about this and stress its needed.

You cant compare Fury X with no overclocking and no voltage control on stock PCB to aftermarket 980ti with Overclocking. voltage control, uprated cooler and VRM. Simply not a like for like comparison at all.

Yeah it was the HOF I was talking about... They have photos up at Galax Store and no backplate in sight. :(

It would be awesome if you could confirm it with them. :cool:

OcUK Staff

EX WC HOF 980Ti has backplate for sure and if I remember correct I think the HOF also did as well. LN2 version no idea though! Shame my memory is not better as I had the EX WC and HOF in my hands for sometime on the Galax stand, but can't remember.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
^ Asked and pointed out value of Back plate. Gibbo LN2 HOF is cooled by Bitspower this time.

The engineers actually tested Fury X passive at stock and the thermal limit was not reached after hours of gaming this is how good this cooler is. Not suggesting you guys should run like that but just saying.

OcUK Staff
^ Asked and pointed out value of Back plate.

The engineers actually tested Fury X passive at stock and the thermal limit was not reached after hours of gaming this is how good this cooler is. Not suggesting you guys should run like that but just saying.

Cooler is superb, normal gaming around 35c load, sub 40 benchmarking and very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom