• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
So far reached a steady at +120 core clock and 1512 Mhz boost clock with +45mv.
GPU boost was still limited by volts at +45 and would still boost further if I could increase the voltage more but I am not that crazy.. This card is a monster
Ran some benches for reference, max temps I reached were 68/69c with fans at 65%.

Firestrike Extreme
qQN9A7b.png

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
CzDzOxv.png

Unigine Heaven 4.0
h0Ia95d.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cheers guys. Quick run of heaven 4 just to test load temps etc. Max of 69c on auto fan, (very very quiet). Max boost clock of 1329mhz, but this mainly stayed around 1316mhz. Asic rating of 66.3%.

Last edited:
Associate
I have never really bothered overclocking a video card, but having grabbed myself a G1 it seemed stupid not to. I'd like some advice.

I set the following through Afterburner -

Core volt + 30
Power Limit - 107
Temp Limit - 84
Core Clock +110
Mem + 195
Fan - Auto

I figured that would be a reasonable overclock that shouldn't push the card too hard. I did a Firestrike standard run and scored 17255, which seems great and i'm happy with it. The card kept boosting to 1489.9Mhz, which was higher than I expected and the temp never went above 73.

So my question is this, bearing in mind it seems stable and temps are low, do you think it's safe and I should be good? As I said earlier, I don't want to push too hard or shorten it's life or anything.

Soldato
For people with the MSI gaming..what sort of oc are you getting. So far I've added 70 to the core and getting boosts into 1410. Temps are down at 65 with my custom profile...
Thinking this might be easyntonreach 2500

My asic rating was 70.3 I think. Maybe 71.3.

Caporegime
For people with the MSI gaming..what sort of oc are you getting. So far I've added 70 to the core and getting boosts into 1410. Temps are down at 65 with my custom profile...
Thinking this might be easyntonreach 2500

My asic rating was 70.3 I think. Maybe 71.3.
Not clocked mine yet, but I heard someone mention something about some program that allows the card to boost a bit higher? Is this something that comes on the driver disk, no optical drive here so don't know whats on the disk.:o

Associate
I have returned the my 2x 980 Ti G1's due to the fans sounding like a hoover when they hit 70%+.

I now have 2x MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G instead, what a massive difference in noise, even at 60% fan speed on both cards I can't hear them over my case fans, and at 100% on both cards it sounds like the G1's I had at 65%.

Extremely happy with these ones, I did replace the paste with IC Diamond, knocked a bit of the temps and made them more even with each other. MSI used a massive amount of paste on both of mine.

The asic on these is 67% (boosts to 1329Mhz) on one, 73.9% on the other (boosts to 1349Mhz).

IMG_2992_zps9i6lc3hh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
I have returned the my 2x 980 Ti G1's due to the fans sounding like a hoover when they hit 70%+.

I now have 2x MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G instead, what a massive difference in noise, even at 60% fan speed on both cards I can't hear them over my case fans, and at 100% on both cards it sounds like the G1's I had at 65%.

Extremely happy with these ones, I did replace the paste with IC Diamond, knocked a bit of the temps and made them more even with each other. MSI used a massive amount of paste on both of mine.

IMG_2992_zps9i6lc3hh.jpg

Quietest cards I ever owned my 780 gaming editions were. Never went above 70% fan speed and were barely audible even at that.

Back
Top Bottom