• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
I have gone from a Titan Z which was near silent to the 980TI, its a massive noise difference. My PC was near silent, now it sounds like a dodgy kitchen appliance. Thankfully I still have the Titan Z :/

Caporegime
I was gonna clock my CPU again today, wanted to run a few benchmarks with the Ti. But, its quite hot and my 4790k is a warm running chip even in winter. Decided to sit out in the garden and have a few beers instead.

Caporegime
Knew you was a wise man :D

Aka a very thirsty man today.:D

Hopefully a bit cooler tomorrow, warranty is up on this cpu soon so might scalp the lid off it. Can run 4.7ghz daily on 1.300v. Benched it at 4.8 on 1.3200 but not game stable, (and pretty hot). Want to see what I can hit with the Ti in various benchmarks to compare to my old sli setup. Which tbh weren't great clockers as a pair.

Associate
Looking at maybe getting these in sli and maybe a third down the line. Don't plan to overclock, well maybe what gibbo suggested a few post back, for 24/7 gaming clocks.
Questions:
Reference cards for more than one card?
EVGA 980ti super clock reference, yay or nay?
Two 980ti vs my titan black sli, big difference or not?

Definitely want to go reference, any custom card will blow heat into the lower card giving bad temps

Associate
I thought buy new graphics card then wait until Skylake comes out and I will be sorted. But now I want a new monitor and case with better cooling :( I can hear my bank balance crying out for mercy.

Back
Top Bottom