• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Am still going to get one its a nice upgrade over 290 maybe not 290 crossfire but I giving one them another PC and the other am just not sure what to do with it.

i'll prob add another FuryX later down the line. Truth be told though am not struggling to run anything lol

This Pump noise though AMD shouldn't have released this GPU in this situation if they did deeply know this was an issue.. OCUK also need to set the record straight about this, didn't you allow 970s to be RMA based on whine?

So for in all my years I never had to put up with a GPU that whines and I hope this continues I would sooner listen to a fan on full speed.

Has much I love AMD I think releasing this GPU like this was a wrong move that is if they knew about it. If not then fine hopefully the new stock has this fixed and i'll post my results once I have one.

Soldato
XFX. I was happy to wait for the MSI model but then seeing those in stock made me switch my order. My case is quiet with being watercooled (albeit only the CPU at the mo) and no whine at all.

Ah ok, at least you got a good one. I think the card is brilliant apart from this stupid pump noise. I couldn't hear it before swapping my fans today.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28256597&postcount=2279 http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28257494&postcount=2318

The old fans were obviously masking the sound.

My case is now near silent with low RPM fans and passive PSU, all I can hear is this whining pump noise, really grates.

Shame I do really like the card, don't think I want to keep it and hope Sapphire will RMA later on. Worried I will get stuck with it. Going to try and return mine tomorrow. At least I got to play with one I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's all the same architecture. ti is as well optimized as the 980.

Same with the Fury X as has been examined in reviews, The GM200 is to the GM204 what Fiji is to Hawaii XT -

The R9 Fury X uses the new AMD Fiji GPU, which bears a similar relationship to the R9 290X's Hawaii chip as the GM200 (used in GTX Titan X and GTX 980 Ti) does to the GM204 (GTX 980) in that the underlying architecture and layout is very familiar, there's just more of it.

Source - http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2015/06/24/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-review/1

Soldato
Fury is a great card if you get a quiet one. Voltage might unleash an OC monster.

Would like to see it at £450 though, I reckon when there is plenty of stock we will see AMD cut the price and make the choice between the fury and ti that much a harder decision than currently.

Soldato
Fury is a great card if you get a quiet one. Voltage might unleash an OC monster.

Would like to see it at £450 though, I reckon when there is plenty of stock we will see AMD cut the price and make the choice between the fury and ti that much a harder decision than currently.

I just wish they was stock, its very hard to find one right now.. I dont understand why you release a GPU with a retailer only getting 10+ units... What was the point lol might has well just waited till it was ready for production.

Now you left yourself with units with issue probably from early production errors and leaving a bad press on the GPU, hurting you in the long run.

Review samples, should never have any issue these samples should be in tip top condition for reviewing.

This will be the first time buying a GPU that I will be worried about what unit am going to get. Has a buyer you shouldn't have this at the back your mind, and am only buying because I like AMD! But I can fully see why this would put people off..

Very strange!

Caporegime
This will be the first time buying a GPU that I will be worried about what unit am going to get. Has a buyer you shouldn't have this at the back your mind, and am only buying because I like AMD! But I can fully see why this would put people off..

Very strange!

Tell me about it, im waiting on mine coming and just hoping. My sapphire ships out tomorrow and i hope to have the gigabyte one before friday at the latest. Could very well end up sending both back if they have the pump whine, and knowing my luck they will. :(:eek:

Caporegime
@ Gregster:

If Titan X and Fury X were at same setting in your video, why is there detail missing from Titan X version? Plus draw distance looks reduced..

No idea. I set the colours up for the Fury X but didn't for the TX as I was just doing a quick run to compare frames. Both had the exact same settings and no shenanigans at all.

Soldato
@ Gregster:
If Titan X and Fury X were at same setting in your video, why is there detail missing from Titan X version? Plus draw distance looks reduced..

Maybe nvidia are being naughty in drivers to make their cards look better? reducing detail to bolster performance.

Would need a side by side comparison in a static area.

Soldato
Well, you will have to trust me guys and apart from setting the colours up for the Fury X but not the Titan X is the only difference.

Not saying that you fiddled settings. Just that the images do not look identical and it could highlight something funny with nvidias drivers.

Is why a side by side comparison with PNG images of the same static scene should settle it.

It has happened before on both sides. Lowering visual quality in drivers to bolster performance.

Caporegime
shifty.gif

Back
Top Bottom