• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Caporegime
OP
Chaps, give it time to switch to 60fps 1080P before watching please.

I have also recorded a 'Prefer max quality' run as well and will compare that with the default 'let the 3D application decide' run (the one in this posts video.

Again, nothing has been touched from either (not even the colours on the AMD side of things.

DDU - Instaled AMD Drivers, recorded with Raptr
DDU - installed Nvidia drivers, recorded with ShadowPlay
Nothing changed anywhere - Recorded with 30mbs and 1080P on both and set for 60 fps recording.

Soldato
Something is defo up Greg, Its seem AF just isn't working on the TX if you watch the white line while you walk along you can see it render in has you move along..

Am sure based on other users not having this that something, somewhere on your PC is bugging out.

One last thing, for easy viewing maybe a smaller gun? :D or Nade out haaa

Caporegime
OP
Something is defo up Greg, Its seem AF just isn't working on the TX if you watch the white line while you walk along you can see it render in has you move along..

Am sure based on other users not having this that something, somewhere on your PC is bugging out.

The next vid I post will be comparing the default profile that is being shown in that video with 'prefer max quality' I personally don't have a clue but I am sick to death of doing this run :D

Soldato
The next vid I post will be comparing the default profile that is being shown in that video with 'prefer max quality' I personally don't have a clue but I am sick to death of doing this run :D

I bet you are mate.. Can I say maybe be faster and easier if you just screenshot raw from in game console. Get yourself a spot that you can get into easy enough each time and screenshot.. It will show much high res and save you time.

Caporegime
OP
I bet you are mate.. Can I say maybe be faster and easier if you just screenshot raw from in game console. Get yourself a spot that you can get into easy enough each time and screenshot.. It will show much high res and save you time.

Sure. I will do it now. I forgot to grab one from the Fury but sure someone else can match my image.

Soldato
Both image quality looked the same but Fury X has blacked in dark places and has lower performance compared to Titan X. Same happened with Xbox One when compared to PS4 and PC, Xbox One has blacked in dark places while PS4and PC don't have blacked because have blacked helped increased performance when Xbox One is struggled to catched up with PS4 better image quality at 1080p while Xbox One stuck at 900p.

If Fury X don't have blacked in dark places then it would have poorer performance.

Soldato
Both image quality looked the same but Fury X has blacked in dark places and has lower performance compared to Titan X. Same happened with Xbox One when compared to PS4 and PC, Xbox One has blacked in dark places while PS4and PC don't have blacked because have blacked helped increased performance when Xbox One is struggled to catched up with PS4 better image quality at 1080p while Xbox One stuck at 900p.

If Fury X don't have blacked in dark places then it would have poorer performance.

Sorry but thats got nothing to do with performance.. Its just how Greg has his Brightness setup.. Its no different to changing your Brightness very low on say TV or Monitor..

Soldato
Same issue again with LOD on the TX. Although your gun kept covering it a lot of the time, the white line by the curb was still blurring in the near distance.

I would also go with holding a knife instead of a gun that covers most of the screen.

:p Almost seemed comical how the scope follows the white line. :p

LIoZRri.png

Still something odd going on with your Setup.

Last edited:
Soldato

For example here is 50% brightness that I play on and my Monitor tweaked for overall brightness.

ScreenshotWin32-0002.png

Here is what happens when I force 0% in game, Note Frame Rate!
ScreenshotWin32-0003.png

Caporegime

Just out of interest is english your primary language? :confused: Quite a few of your posts i've to read through a few times.

Associate
@1.03 the FX draws the white pedestrian crossing on the far side of the junction, the Titan draws it about 1.09, 6 seconds later.
The Titan has a less washed out look than the last vid though.

Soldato
And I think we have found out what is going on. The default profiles let the 3D application decide what to do but switching to 'prefer max quality' makes that line nice and white :D

yep TX with prefer max quality.

That is good. Least you got to the bottom of it. But is a funny issue considering the noticeably lower IQ on default.

A few FPS less (around 6 - 10 from what i see) but it does make a visual difference.

How do screenshots compare between the two settings? It could be with the default the rendering is lower quality during motion. etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Is the default to let the 3D application decide? To the others that said they had no LoD issues, what are your settings on?

Back
Top Bottom