• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
My TI arrived today, its been a long time since ive had a nVidia card (GTX 260) obv a nice step up from a OC 7970, shame its got a lowish ASIC quality 58.5%, but so quiet, and its nice Batman doesnt cluck about :)

RTI78icl.jpg

Anything to look out for on the green side?

Associate
quite impressed with my 980ti just replaced an AMD 6970.

the 980ti is.....

x3 quicker
4.5 years newer
a lot quieter( well its not being pushed very much)
but was x2 more expensive. £250 v £500

so does that mean the 980ti will last me 9 years before the next refresh? ;)

farewell 6970 you've been a good friend. (just knocked the 280GTX off my top spot)

Caporegime
My TI arrived today, its been a long time since ive had a nVidia card (GTX 260) obv a nice step up from a OC 7970, shame its got a lowish ASIC quality 58.5%, but so quiet, and its nice Batman doesnt cluck about :)

[troll]Thats clearly a photo downloaded from the internet printed out onto a piece of paper [/troll]

Soldato
Just recently got Lichdom Battlemage; a Cryengine 3 game and wowsers does dual SLI demolish that game.

Completely maxed out at 1440p I get an average of 120FPS, and I've not seen it dip below 95fps so far.

Strangely though I can't enable TressFX in the game. Seems it's disabled for NVIDIA users. Darn shame though.

Soldato
So playing around with my 980ti, getting 1450 on stock volts with +10% power, what kind of clocks you guys running at with reference models?. Also would i be better off playing with the volts & leaving the power+10 or visa versa?. Been out of the loop for overclocking so wanted to know if much has changed :).

Will be fitting my AOI cooler when it comes in a few weeks but wanted to get a feel for the card. @ that clock I'm getting 70 degrees roughly in a warm room - but that's with some nice case cooling & a more aggressive fan profile (still not that loud tho mind, at least it's not whiney - just like a big fan!).

Did my first test of the GPU, still need to OC my CPU (next on the list).

S0fDR8q.jpg

Associate
Soldato
Got a whole new computer centred around an MSI Gaming and a ROG Swift, moving up from a 5850 and a 1680x1050 22" monitor. Unfortunately, the rainforest are going to have taken 15 days to deliver the monitor by the time it arrives this coming weekend. I've been trying to hold off using the PC so as to get the full effect of the upgrade. However tonight I've had a little go of CoJ Gunslinger which isn't stressing the card at all. And Castle Crashers!

It's also very, very quiet compared to what I had before and I can tell I'm going to be very pleased with it. Shame the Fury X wasn't what I hoped it would be.

Associate

Just checked my Amp Edition and it's 81%

I've no tried to OC yet though.

Ditto on nvidia, last I had was a gtx260 been amd since.

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys are reading far far too much into asic quality readings from gpuz. I've had golden clockers on previous gens at both ends of the spectrum, a 7970 (58%) clock over 1350mhz and a 670 (92%) clock at 1345mhz. It's a lottery.

Caporegime
You guys are reading far far too much into asic quality readings from gpuz. I've had golden clockers on previous gens at both ends of the spectrum, a 7970 (58%) clock over 1350mhz and a 670 (92%) clock at 1345mhz. It's a lottery.
This tbh, my first wf 670 had a rating if 60 something. Hit 1320mhz with ease. So far only took the 980ti to 1478. Tried 1499 but must've throttled back running FS. Cant remember wether it was temp or power limit though as I was a bit intoxicated.:D

Back
Top Bottom