Z97 Board Recomendation please :)

Associate
Hey all, looking at putting together a new build with a 4690K etc.. but have a bit of a wrinkle when it come to motherboard...

I figured I would probly go with gigabyte as I've had good sucess with them in the past and also heard good things about the recent ones. My issue is... Which is which, are some better than others etc?

I've spent ages looking over spec's on gigabyte and OCUK and still can't really come up with an answer, so can you guys help me out?

I'm lookin for a board that'll be top-notch when it comes to overclocking the 4690K, but with minimal bells and whistles, to reduce the costs as much as possible. I dont need the fancy audio the "gaming" series seem to have, I dont need SLI that some have and I don't want micro-ATX form factor.

So could any of you guru's explain the differences between the boards and which would be best for my needs? with so many variations of board I am a little lost :(

Cheers all :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
4960K you mean 4790K??

If this is the case Gigabyte SOC Force is a great board or the SOC also a great they will both suit your needs in terms of OC on both CPU and RAM and are efficient clock for clock.

Associate
OP
4960K you mean 4790K??

If this is the case Gigabyte SOC Force is a great board or the SOC also a great they will both suit your needs in terms of OC on both CPU and RAM and are efficient clock for clock.

Na, was a typo on the 2nd time, I meant 4690K :)

Back
Top Bottom