• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
More precisely: They will not optimize old games for the new chips. Its not the same as not supporting it.

That is a semantics discussion, AMD don't support Mantle drivers for Fiji chips, which is why the performance is all over the shop. Not supporting driver development amounts to the same thing as not supportingthe APi on Fiji., unless you want to write your own driver...

X3T

X3T

Associate
Mine has arrived!

ZsiPsnT.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to use it for another couple of weeks as it's going in my new build, which I don't have time to start yet.

Going to be mounting my EK block on it, but seems a shame to remove the awesome stock cooler.

Caporegime
4x Fury X
Unigine Heaven
Windows 10

w7lo2a.png

GPU temps lower than CPU :p

That's a regular feature with the Fury X, even with four of them sitting on top of each other. :p

Associate
Ash0787 Gregster ran 3D heaven benchmark and my overclocked 290x is 2fps off fury X !!!!! TWO FPS GAIN..... So with OC fury X I would be looking at 3 maybe 4 FPS more over 290x !!! That wont cut it better off buying another 290x..... Even tho i hate Xfire :(

so you play heaven benchmark all day. That's so sweet :)

Caporegime
Zed is a good guy and comments like that are not really needed, Muzigaz. Very often things like Heaven/3DMark are used to gauge the speed of a GPU and its capabilities and used as a benchmarking tool for HWBot.

Associate
Zed is a good guy and comments like that are not really needed, Muzigaz. Very often things like Heaven/3DMark are used to gauge the speed of a GPU and its capabilities and used as a benchmarking tool for HWBot.

Greg, I did not mean to be mean with my comment, just a bit teasing ;)
I do not have any problems with benchmarks, but I do have problems with Unigine ones, since those are absolutely useless to check on AMD performance capabilities ;)

and hwbot uses several types of superPI alternatives which are basically superpi clones, so hwbot using heaven as a benchmark does not mean that that benchmark is representative of anything ;)

Soldato
I'm sorry what? I have two of them, and 930rpm is minimum, and they are completely silent. During heavy load they speed up to 1000rpm and that's all :/
How is it even possible that single 950rpm fan can be loud to some? Seriously do some of you guys have a microphone inside of the case which leads to your headphones for you to listen?
I sleep next to my pc with 2 fury x folding proteins. That's how silent those things are :/

Some people are sensitive to noise, it doesn't have to be loud but just 'there' and constant is enough to annoy, my rig is totally passive at idle/non gaming so yeah, 950rpm fan is fairly noticeable to me.

Caporegime
I do not have any problems with benchmarks, but I do have problems with Unigine ones, since those are absolutely useless to check on AMD performance capabilities ;)

and hwbot uses several types of superPI alternatives which are basically superpi clones, so hwbot using heaven as a benchmark does not mean that that benchmark is representative of anything ;)

I am sure you didn't mean any offence and SuperPI is just one of many CPU bench runs that is part of the scoring system on HWBot, as is Heaven for the GPU scoring sysem.

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard

For the record, the Fury X was horrendous in Catzilla as well :(

Caporegime
These are not that sparse now, someones just got a few more in, to add to the ones they still got from weeks ago, they'll never shift em at that price, going to end up with a healthy stock of them before long :D

Unless thats their strategy, keep that ridiculous price so no one buys, then when they are the only ones with them, people will cave and bite :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

HWBot don't use Heaven 4 as it takes away a lot of the advantage LN2 benchers get with older less demanding versions.

When Heaven 4 there is more emphasis on GPU grunt rather than CPU clockspeed.

Man of Honour
OP
Mine has arrived!

ZsiPsnT.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to use it for another couple of weeks as it's going in my new build, which I don't have time to start yet.

Going to be mounting my EK block on it, but seems a shame to remove the awesome stock cooler.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

30/07/2015, Make Reference, X3T, Link
29/07/2015, Make Reference, FredFlint, Link
24/07/2015, Make Reference, ALXAndy, Link
20/07/2015, Make Reference, Ash0787, Link
20/07/2015, Make Reference, phiiil, Link
05/07/2015, Make Reference, muziqaz, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Gregster, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Silent_Scone, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, MDPlatts, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Firefox35, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, uksoldierboy, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, Sesta, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, TheSwede, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, whyscotty, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Kaapstad, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Boomstick777, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, machinebummer, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury X.

GoMgQTO.jpg

Associate
By the way guys dont try to use this adapter with the fury x, I've used it for a week and the adapter seems almost broken, it will hit anything thats plugs into an adjacent port which causes the usb to bend away from the body so if you had 2 of these you are limited to using 2 monitors assuming you only have 1 graphics card. Also the length of the thing and the weight of the DVI connector causes it to bend downwards and it obstructs your vision of anything below the graphics card https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-086-OK&tool=3

better off using this cable which seems to work quite well although its expensive if you need 2 or 3 of them https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-051-SR

Back
Top Bottom