*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Have you got a fan on FAN1 of the hub? Going of the user manual, the RPM signal comes from that and then back to the motherboard. Then all the others run at whatever the fan on FAN1 is running at.

Associate
Have you got a fan on FAN1 of the hub? Going of the user manual, the RPM signal comes from that and then back to the motherboard. Then all the others run at whatever the fan on FAN1 is running at.

Tried it with just one fan on Fan 1 nothing, it should be able to run a single fan without the Sata power, but with or without Sata power, it does nothing.

Tried 3 Pin and 4 Pin Fans no joy on either hub.

Tried a Modmytoys Hub, it works fine, but offers no control on speed, I run my fans at 800 ish RPM so need to get some sort of controller that is small and can hide in the case :)

Associate
Got Mine

Few Problems nothing to do with case though

Love it

oMLltI.jpg

g70uRQ.jpg

HzvXLE.jpg

see this thread for problems

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18685511

Associate
OP
I've added you to RoH RED, I hope your cpu works ok. Don't think I'd be too happy if mine showed up crushed in the box like that.

Let us know how your build goes.

Associate
Ended up using my fan controller stuck in the back along with the SSD's, I'm kinda going off the case already it's just a bit too small and crowded with 2 rads.

Putting the sides / front on put temps up by 6 Degrees and the 24Pin cutout is crap for EATX boards.

Bit of cable tidying to do but nearly there.

---------------------------------------

Associate
OP
Rustyone, it does look rather cramped in there, but you've squeezed a lot in at least. My plans might have to change, I think I've been spoilt using the Primo.

Associate
Rustyone, it does look rather cramped in there, but you've squeezed a lot in at least. My plans might have to change, I think I've been spoilt using the Primo.

Yes it looks a bit like the Xmas sales, I might look for another case also, it's just that I tend to stick with alloy cases so not so much choice.

Soldato
Is the top rad in push pull? I guess if your psu wasn't so big you could get away with the pump in the lower section. Mine was a bit of a pain to fit it all in but I think cases look better when it looks full rather than loads of empty space.

Associate
Is the top rad in push pull? I guess if your psu wasn't so big you could get away with the pump in the lower section. Mine was a bit of a pain to fit it all in but I think cases look better when it looks full rather than loads of empty space.

Top is just push, never found much gain with push / pull tried it a few times over the years.

Lower Section has 4 SSD's and the fan controller, Cables and the bottom of the rad, so no space there :)

Back
Top Bottom