• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Associate
Cheers ^_^

I am curious; was 8 Pack's 980Ti on phase change cooling or something? Or just the best chip KFA had? It feels impossible to beat for a regular person.

Edit: Saw his CPU was at 5.9GHz and RAM at 4.8GHz... Definitely not achievable :p

Caporegime
OP
Cheers ^_^

I am curious; was 8 Pack's 980Ti on phase change cooling or something? Or just the best chip KFA had? It feels impossible to beat for a regular person.

Edit: Saw his CPU was at 5.9GHz and RAM at 4.8GHz... Definitely not achievable :p

8Pack does have an unfair advantage, not because he's a benching legend but 'i suspect' vendors send him the best clockers.

Maybe there should be an 8Pack board, he can compete with himself as no one else can :p

Hi Joe - excellent scores :)

what CPU@? please.

@Humbug you have Kaap at 36(single card) - should be lower.

fixed, thanks :)

Man of Honour
Maybe there should be an 8Pack board, he can compete with himself as no one else can :p

This is what I do in the Firestrike Bench threads, I have a separate table for LN2/extreme cooling.

8 Pack has the highest 1080p 4 way score on this bench using a pair of 295X2 cards but if he tried running the same setup @2160p he would not stand a chance against my 4 TitanXs as he would not be able to use his very high CPU clockspeed to his advantage.

For 1080p an ultra fast CPU is a huge advantage.

Caporegime
OP
This is what I do in the Firestrike Bench threads, I have a separate table for LN2/extreme cooling.

8 Pack has the highest 1080p 4 way score on this bench using a pair of 295X2 cards but if he tried running the same setup @2160p he would not stand a chance against my 4 TitanXs as he would not be able to use his very high CPU clockspeed to his advantage.

For 1080p an ultra fast CPU is a huge advantage.

Did he use extreme cooling on that tho?

I should have asked.

Man of Honour
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26288665&postcount=1984

Looks pretty extreme to me.

There's nobody else who uses extreme cooling so there's no need to exclude poor Ian.

I don't exclude him in the bench threads I run but I do put all his results in a separate table for LN2.

This is so anyone running a single or 2 way GPU setup can get a more realistic picture of what they can expect with normal cooling. Having LN2 results mixed in with normal cooling just confuses people if they are new to the forums.:)

Caporegime
OP
I don't exclude him in the bench threads I run but I do put all his results in a separate table for LN2.

This is so anyone running a single or 2 way GPU setup can get a more realistic picture of what they can expect with normal cooling. Having LN2 results mixed in with normal cooling just confuses people if they are new to the forums.:)

Your right, i'll make a septate table for it and put him in it.

Associate

Fair enough - By excluding I meant excluding from the "normal people" list, rather than excluding his results.

Man of Honour
Fair enough - By excluding I meant excluding from the "normal people" list, rather than excluding his results.

People need to see his results but they also need to know what they are looking at.

As I said above I often put his scores in an extreme cooling table but I also have it as the first table on the scoreboard so people can not miss it.:)

Soldato
People need to see his results but they also need to know what they are looking at.

As I said above I often put his scores in an extreme cooling table but I also have it as the first table on the scoreboard so people can not miss it.:)

I agree, better if he has his own section, it's great that he takes part etc, but he does have access to cherry-picked parts unlike the rest of us mere mortals.

Some of his scores are bonkers though lol.

Associate
Managed to beat my own score by 2, I guess I can update my score by that?

1080p - Score 5020 - 980Ti @ 1560/2120 with 353.49 drivers

3U0mnof.png
-
I might try for higher some day but trying 2150 memory caused system lockups :l

Edit: You also forgot to remove my previous result (#22) from the 1080p leaderboard :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom