• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Caporegime
Just an update on the asus strix, bear in mind this is from the asus uk tech support dept.

Basically they say i should return it to the retailer as:
ASUS as a manufacturer does not sell or send anything directly to end users and as such any requests for replacements can only be addressed to retailer with whom you have the direct purchase contract

So the point of having a public uk tech support contact form is.......???????????

Really makes no sense, they say to me send it to the retailer totally ignoring the fact that the card is working, just not working how they claimed it should. This was all pointed out to them and above was their response totally ignoring their marketing claims. :rolleyes: So apparently i should send it to ocuk, who will test it, find its working and send it back.

Soldato
Just an update on the asus strix, bear in mind this is from the asus uk tech support dept.

Basically they say i should return it to the retailer as:

So the point of having a public uk tech support contact form is.......???????????

Really makes no sense, they say to me send it to the retailer totally ignoring the fact that the card is working, just not working how they claimed it should. This was all pointed out to them and above was their response totally ignoring their marketing claims. :rolleyes: So apparently i should send it to ocuk, who will test it, find its working and send it back.

My understanding of uk consumer law is that Ocuk are responsible for the first year and then the manufacturer for the rest of the warranty period. So if its the first year then yeh has to be Ocuk. :)

Soldato
I don't think it is my job to report the posts though as I have better things to so.:)

Don't think of it as your job, think of it as making the overall GC experience (in this case) a better place for all by RMTing the trouble. As already mentioned, a lot goes on behind the scenes and the mods take notice, trust me :)

Takes not 10 seconds to press report, write in 'trolling' or 'flaming' to the reason and then you help to make the forum a better place. Definitely worth it.

Indeedio!

Soldato
I just get so tilted when someone questions my decisions and now I am not sure about buying it....

Anyone knows if Pascal will work with current PCI-e mobos ?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't actually know what graphics card you have at the moment, but if you wait until the Pascal version of the 980ti comes along, then that will probably be approx. 12 months away.

So if you need the extra power of a 980ti, then I would just buy one now, and enjoy it for 12 months :)

Associate
980ti owner

Thought Id already posted in here, guess not.

rveq2w.jpg
[/IMG]

scvzix.jpg
[/IMG]

1280x is the maximum allowed width for an image, or use spoiler tags if you want top use larger - stulid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the sli bridge!!

I'm thinking if stripping the silver shroud off my ti and painting it white, and also doing the geforce mod to make it shine white. Might do it this weekend.

Soldato
I don't actually know what graphics card you have at the moment, but if you wait until the Pascal version of the 980ti comes along, then that will probably be approx. 12 months away.

So if you need the extra power of a 980ti, then I would just buy one now, and enjoy it for 12 months :)

Used to have 295x2 that died now and I am on my old GTX570 :D

Back
Top Bottom