• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Rumour Mill Thread

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if ms buying out amd would be good at all, with total control over the os they could gimp nvidia and Intel so amd runs best on windows, or maybe I'm just paranoid

Caporegime
Caporegime
Well, it's an interesting article. And yes i would like to see AMD do better. But not on the gpu front. Because personally i think their current card range is pretty decent. Theyre not bad value for money, the fury x works quite well at high res above 1080p, which lets face it for us as enthusiats is a dead resolution now. They really need to improve on the cpu front. Ive owned ivybridge and haswell cpu's, now on the bog standard entry level haswell E. AMD need to compete with intel in the mainstream market, ala 4790k/4690k. Deliver a cpu that can get to near the speed of those, runs cool and is priced well. They will be on to a winner. I cut my teeth on pc building with nf4 athlon 64 s939, a brilliant platform. For gaming it made a mockery of the pentium cpu's of the time. But intel introduced the sledgehammer that was the C2D series, then later the quads.

Back
Top Bottom