• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Ulfhedjinn said:
What do you find boring about R600 exactly?

Not criticising, just genuinely wondering why. I mean I found it very boring until I found out about the on-board HDMI sound, the 24x antialiasing etc. Seems kind of nifty to me now. :)
Ahh it's not that, its just kinda frustrating that they wont let Gibbo give out anymore infomation.

I love ATI cards my last 3 cards have all been ATI. :)

eracer2006 said:
indeed so unless your a millionaire, which most of us arent, you cant keep up anymore.
You can, for example: Buy a £300 card, let depreciation take its course over the next few months, then sell it for the next best thing.

It's all about timing and having a keen eye on the market and the value of items.

eracer2006 said:
Stuff about MSN.
LOL. I'll just say I had a quite similar experience, but I won't get into it because it's off-topic and I'm not interested in another fight. So moving on, let's get back on topic and forget about it. ;) All smiles and rainbows. :)

Nelly said:
Ahh it's not that, its just kinda frustrating that they wont let Gibbo give out anymore infomation.

I love ATI cards my last 3 cards have all been ATI. :)
Ah yeah I agree, dying for some more information. Damn NDAs to Hell. :(

Last edited:
eracer2006 said:
Just ignore easy, past experience of him on msn found him to be arrogant.

i asked him for help, he said yes if i follow "his rules" such as never disagreeing with him, licking his ass on the forums, and voting for him to become a mod. and then he had no clue about my problem after all that. pfft.

What was your problem?

yourself?

I help hundreds of people on msn with clocks and hardware info.

Look at my trust

Last edited:
eracer2006 said:
Ive repeatedly been crashed to my desktop and told "lack of virtual memory" when playing Desert combat -bf2 mod, with my pagefile turned off, on 2gb of supposedly good ram, on xp sp2, therefore common sense tells me 1gb isnt enough.

as for the r600, im not sure i wish to buy it as in 3 months time it will be "old and slow"

You turn your page file off?

why not move it to another disk?

There are a couple dozen really smart and informative posts in this thread. Unfortunately, they're completely drowned out by the
1. "Oh boy, can't wait for the R600 info, waiting so long for Gibbo to post sucks" posts
2. "I hope the R600 sucks" posts
3. "The R600 is definitely gonna suck" posts, and, especially in the last few pages, a plethora of
4. "You suck" posts.
The end result is that now this thread officially sucks. Can a mod please clean it up? If you don't have the patience to clean it up (and I wouldn't blame you) then please just close it as it's degenerated into drivel. I was looking for a post or two to RTM there but I would end up RTMing half the thread!

IceShock said:
them benchmarks are wrong anyway because for a start the R600 maximum AA is x24 so they would have used that to bench it aswell.....
I'm not commenting on the veracity. But they may well have benched within a lower range as the GTX can't do 24AA, just to keep it fair.

Last edited:
IceShock said:
them benchmarks are wrong anyway because for a start the R600 maximum AA is x24 so they would have used that to bench it aswell.....
dont beleive anything till the damn cards releised
As the GTX can't do 24xAA, there is no point in doing a GTX comparison as it simply isn't comparable with that type of AA. The guy did also say, "use the appropriate amount of salt."

Oh and "i" before "e," except after "c." :D

- Except when you spell released, releised. ;)

easyrider said:
What was your problem?

yourself?

I help hundreds of people on msn with clocks and hardware info.

Look at my trust

hardware problem you know what it was. unless you were someone else as you sounded completely different on there as to what you do on here.

fornowagain said:
http://www.bilgiustam.com/?p=125

Use the appropriate amount of salt.

Hi there

Those results don't look quite right!

In my testing on my system our GTX scored 11,950 under Windows XP and under Windows Vista it scored 11,504. That was the results of the BFG 8800 GTX OC in our Intel QX6700 @ 3GHz (1333FSB) with memory at 1150Mhz at 4-4-4-12. So in comparison that guys results look rather low considering he was using an QX6800 processor. Obviously I cannot tell you what the ATI card scored yet until AMD give me the go ahead.

manveruppd said:
There are a couple dozen really smart and informative posts in this thread. Unfortunately, they're completely drowned out by the
1. "Oh boy, can't wait for the R600 info, waiting so long for Gibbo to post sucks" posts
2. "I hope the R600 sucks" posts
3. "The R600 is definitely gonna suck" posts, and, especially in the last few pages, a plethora of
4. "You suck" posts.
The end result is that now this thread officially sucks. Can a mod please clean it up? If you don't have the patience to clean it up (and I wouldn't blame you) then please just close it as it's degenerated into drivel. I was looking for a post or two to RTM there but I would end up RTMing half the thread!
Posting about how much the thread sucks is just as counter-productive. :) RTM? :p

Slenpree said:
Gibbo, was that 64bit Vista and 64bit XP.

Hi there

I used 32-Bit version, but the R600 does already have 64-bit drivers now anyway, so will be no driver issues at launch as all version of XP and Vista are already supported and working. :)

Back
Top Bottom