Acoustic Energy Aego

Associate
I am leaning towards the "Acoustic Energy Aego 2" 2.1 setup for my computer. I will primarily be using them for music, followed by gaming. From the reviews and opinions on the web it looks top notch for just £100. Anyone else care to add their opinions?

However I also here talk of the sequel to the Aego 2, apparently called something like Aego Music? Could anyone enlighten me on the differences between the old and the new, and at what price?

EDIT: I think I found the new Aego 2 replacements online at a certain shop - they seem to say "Due for release on 21/11/2005" for £99.99. They have the "Acoustic Energy Aego Music System" which appears to be the white/silver ones and "Acoustic Energy Aego 2 Music System" which appear to be the black ones.. does this sound like them?

Thanks once again

Soldato
Dear Sir,

The Aego M System is due for release next month.

--
Will Fisher,
Group Support Manager

Acoustic Energy Ltd,
16 Bridge Road,
Cirencester,
Gloucestershire,
GL7 1NJ

Got that on the 24th Oct.

Soldato
What, between the Aego 2's and the Aego M's? I would imagine the M's as the are the updated version of the Aego 2's (the aego 3's if you like), but seeing as though they haven't been released yet there is no way of telling.

Soldato
I had a pair of Aego 2's which I was very happy with until I got my hands on the Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2's - an amazing set of 2.1's, if a little odd looking :D

ray

ray

Associate
BubbySoup said:
I had a pair of Aego 2's which I was very happy with until I got my hands on the Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2's - an amazing set of 2.1's, if a little odd looking :D

Hi BubbySoup,

I'm currently trying to decide between the Aego M's, ProMedia GMX's and the newly released Creative I-Trigue 3800's.

Are the Klipsch's much better than the Aego's in music and games?

Thanks,

Ray.

Soldato
Can't speak for the M's obviously, but IMO the GMX's give a better sound than the Aego 2's. As for the Creative's, I'm not too keen on anything Creative when it comes to speakers.

Man of Honour
i was looking around a few months ago and based on the fact i had heard the haman kardon soundsticks II and thought they sounded amazing i went for them, best bit of kit ive added to my pc in a long time.
Crystal clear even at high volumes loverly base, midranges and highs, basicly they sound amazing and ive had no problems with them they also look sexy as hell
I also found it near impossible to find a bad review about these although there were a few bad reviews about the old version which connected through usb.

ray

ray

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers mate, I'm looking to get a new pair of speakers in the new year so be interesting to see comparisons of the 2, against each other and ones already on the market.

Last edited:

ray

ray

Associate
The Aego M's are reviewed in the latest issue of What Hi-Fi? magazine and it received 5 stars out of 5!

There were no bad points mentioned at all.

Soldato
^^ Let us know when you get them!

As for the what hi-fi article, fancy giving us the general gist of it so we don't have to try and read it in WH-Smith's without buying it!

Back
Top Bottom