Focus Idle Air Control Valve

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I expect its on the inlet manifold side of the throttle body which might possibly be where the airbox connects to the engine/intake manifold. However, I don't know much about the focus.

Why selling the Bugeye? :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I will have a look round there. I want to do more travelling and it costs too much to run, especially when all I seem to be doing lately is commuting.

Soldato
should be located here like on the smaller 1.25 lump:

icvmafsv1.jpg

Soldato
im assuming you dont have a haynes?

if anything it should look very similar if not identical to the one on the 1.25... just look for the same shape with two 8mm bolts holding it on...

shouldnt be that hard.

Soldato
Are you getting problems with the car idling?, like revving up and down when in neutral?. Thats what my Focus keeps doing and Ive been told it could be the ICV.

Soldato
Get the car up on a ramp or as I did, get it up a curb using bricks :)
Make sure you chock the wheels, apply plenty of hand brake etc. You don't want a tonne of car falling on you. Makes a mess.

Remove the Air filter lid and air intake pipe. This is the one that connects to the T/B. Unclip the wire plug from the ICV. The wire comes out facing the air box on the 2.0.

icv.jpg

icv1.jpg

You can see the ICV by looking under the fuel rail on the front side of the 2.0 T/B. Undo the top bolt with a 8mm socket wrench. Mine wasn't done up too tight thankfully. Don't completely remove the bolt.

Get under the car with your legs pointing at the rear near side wheel so your head is next to the front offside wheel. Reach up with your left arm with the 8mm spanner. Make sure you let the car cool so you don't burn yourself on the zorst of engine bits.

Feel for the bottom bolt of the ICV and remove with the spanner. Pull the bolt right out.
Get back up to the engine bay and with your fingers undo the top bolt and remove both the bolt and the ICV in one piece. Not a good idea to drop it.

Inspect the ICV?s valve. Spray carb cleaner liberally inside the 2 holes. Let that soak for a while.

1.jpg

gasket.jpg

icv2.jpg

If you remove the old gasket it probably won?t go back, so if your going to remove it make sure you buy a new one. (it gets bigger and softer over time)

Do the top bolt up finger tight then crawl under the car again in the same position and put the bottom bolt into place. You may need to re position the ICV to line up with the bottom hole so keep the top bolt only finger tight.
Screw up with fingers and then use the spanner to tighten.

Tighten the top bolt. Plug wire back in and fix the air intake pipe and the top of the air filter box.

Test.

Back
Top Bottom