Kitteh!

Soldato
Just recieved an email from my brother in New Zealand- His housemate was at a petrol station when he saw something rustling in the bin next to the pumps... turns out some swine had dumped their kitten!!

Said friend found a box and managed to get the kitteh in and took it home. It has had all the whiskers cut off on the one side of its face and a small chunk is missing from the top of it's ear also.

My brother and mate 'think' it's a girl but it is so petrified when they approach it, it has resorted to living under the sofa for a few days and so aren't certain. They have managed to finally get it to come out for something to eat and a sniff of hands etc but it is so nervous they are giving it a bit of distanced love for the time being.

'She' is very young, pure estimation of about 4/5weeks old and I think they're speaking to vets to see if she needs any suppliments as she is away from 'mummycat' etc.

Anyway- here are some pics of when she was out from under the sofa... poor little thing.

kitteh2rk1.jpg

kitteh1qw2.jpg

Luckily my brother and friend are animal lovers and will give this cat a great life from now on, but how can people be so cruel? :(

I for one vote for it to be christened "Oscar", as in oscar the dustbin dwelling grouch :D

Soldato
How cute is that :) I don't know how anyone could dump a little mog like that.

This coming from someone who used to hate cats...until we got one.

Soldato
Beautiful little kitten

Best just to take it slow and let it get comfortable in its surroundings, leaving plenty of soft food and cat friendly milk (apparently cow milk isn't great for cats)

Last edited:
Soldato
I for one vote for it to be christened "Oscar", as in oscar the dustbin dwelling grouch :D

Woah, freaky. My sister found a kitten a few years ago dumped outside her house in London. We decided to call it Oscar too, he couldn't have been more than a couple of weeks old.

We fed him using a big plastic syringe and some kitteh milk, he was slowly but surely eating more and more. Unfortunately he was the runt of the litter and got an infection and died after a few weeks :(

Soldato
Jeez if you cant take care of your pets anymore at least take them to a vets or somewhere that people can look after them :mad:
Well done to your brother. And ickle kitty is very cute!

Soldato
OP
Why are you sure it was dumped?

It could just be separated from its mother who is feral. This happens all the time.

Of course this could well have happened but it leads to questioning of how an eight-inch-high kitten managed to get into a petrol station bin in what can arguably be classed as "the middle of bloody nowhere" :confused:

Associate
"Cutting off the vibrissae on one side of a housecat's face will cause it to cut left corners too quickly and walk in a lopsided manner until the vibrissae grow back."

Why would anyone cut the whiskers off! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom