• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

100% 4850 fan speed

Suspended
:
It does fit:
IMG_0995.jpg

Thing is I'm not sure whether the VRMs need heatsink or not.

Thanks a lot mate :D

EDIT: Can you fit two 120mm fans on that cooler?? or would the second one hang off the edge ?

Last edited:
Associate
Steve you appear to have stuck the Accelero directly over the top of the cards fan is that right or did you have to remove the fan before you could attach the Accelero to it?

Associate
Good to hear that the temps can be brought down a lot, should recieve my 4850 today and the temps of the card was my only worry.

no plans on overclocking it just yet tho :p

Associate
Not sure it's relevant in this thread or not, but my experiences with the Asus 4850:

I think at default (ootb) the fan must be almost non-existent. OOTB The idle temp was around 70-73, with load ramping it upto 85ish.

I installed the Asus software that it came with for controlling temps etc. As soon as it installed it pumped the fan to 100% (sounded like a hurricane) - the temp dropped fast to around 50c idle.

Then started changing all the settings for various fan levels. At 41% the fan is inaudible, holding idle at around 50ish. I changed the steps based on temps, so at 80c the fan hits around 65% - you can certainly hear it at that speed, but it does a good job keeping the temp down, with load temps avg 72 (max seen 80).

Now I've not played around with things like Rivatuner yet on this card, so I'm presuming you can get the fan speeds adjusted well with that. Likewise I'm not aware what utils are being distributed with the other brands/mfg's.

I'm gonna AS5 it at the weekend and see if they can come down some more.

Sorry for the boring post, but I've seen lots of posts about the temps on these cards ootb, thought I'd post my experience after a few days.

Cheers
Daz

Associate
Well I'm sure I could throw it up online somewhere (it's not on the Asus site yet that I can see), but I'm guessing like much of the Asus tools they're mfg dependant (via BIOS).

Will happily upload it somewhere tonight tho.

Soldato
oh I missed your previous post where you said you got some fan controlling software with your card!

For quick filehosting go here: http://skydrive.live.com/

you can make an acct with your hotmail ID....very usefull storage/public file sharing thing.

Many would be very appreciative if you uploaded it

Associate
Cool. Heading home for an early lunch at 11.30ish so will get an acct and throw it up there.

Edit: Also just checked piccies on Asus site - it's definately SmartDoctor I'm using.
Should probably stress the only two features I've tried are the overclocking (running at 700, and a good oc on ddr3 too) and the fan speed adjustment. They seemed the important ones :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom